The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 12:38:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Other projects.  (Read 25080 times)
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 11:21:39 pm »

Here's the next blighter finished. Quite like this sculpt, even though he's probably the shortest and slightest of all the slayers I have. Also, a hair sneaked in to the photos.

Similar face technique as before, I just started adding purple after the red for the black eye and end of the nose. The next one probably won't look quite so drunk, and from how he looks now, may actually look somewhat of a revolutionary.

I also managed to pick up Long Drong on eBay thanks to a fluke search, so just a couple left to locate now. Getting there. Don't suppose anyone has a Daemon Slayer, Gotrek and Felix going spare?

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 07:49:58 pm »

Managed to finish up a model for my character in a WFRP 2e group a friend started up for a pair of sessions (and then possibly online) today and I'm quite pleased - he looks the part and his height seems right. Here's a few shots, plus a comparison to some of the Slayers - at 5'4" he's just short of most of my human models, and half a head to a head taller than other dwarfs. Excellent.

For a bit of back story, here's the enthusiastic post I made on Frothers the night after I'd genned the character at the session -

A mate in my local gaming group decided to start up a quick several-session campaign for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd ed today. As I've wanted to play for a while (though I only own 1st ed) I happily joined and rolled up a dwarven pit fighter.

Ye gods, he's incredible. Max wounds, toughness, fate points, good weapon skill, pretty reasonable other stats.

His character details however.... I want him to eventually progress to troll slayer and onwards to a glorious death. Turns out, he naturally has copper coloured hair and purple eyes, is bloody massive at the max height of 5'4" and is the max starting age at 115. Bloody hell, an old pit fighter.

Not only that, but his birthplace? Slayer Keep, Karak Kadrin.

This blighter's been living as a pit fighter for 70+ years in the god damn Slayer Keep, no doubt fighting trollslayers and god knows what, and is a tall mountain of a dwarf.

The session itself went excellent - used a hand axe and buckler for the first half of the session before I realised nearly everything that hit me bounced off my toughness and armour, so switched to the great axe and started cleaving everything up. Those beastmen and slaaneshi cultists didn't fully apreciate what hit them (repeatedly).

Must say, I'm quite psyched to be playing this guy, and now I need to source a suitable mail-shirted dwarf to convert to being a massive 5'4". He's taller than several humans he's met....

And the wips:

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 08:03:47 pm »

He does sound like a tough nut. Cool conversion too.

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 09:50:58 pm »

that is fantastic. great work with the greenstuff!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2012, 08:13:08 am »

Chris, you're a great painter and clearly a natural with the greenstuff too. Its just not fair! Wink

Looks great, very consistent feel from the greenstuff work to the plastics and looks like you nailed the scale you wanted too. Impressive!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2012, 01:03:08 am »

Blimey it's been a while since I updated here! I've actually finished 2 more slayers a while back, and tonight managed the second character in the WFRP campaign, Krom the remarkably gruff and mostly silent Dwarf.

Slayers -

Krom -

I'm thinking I need to highlight Krom's eyelids on the closed eye, it's just a bit of an annoyance to get to without messing up the nose, or getting paint on the helm. Still, at least he's 'done'.

Oddly enough, thanks to the campaign starting a month ago, Rogan now have mostly plate armour and a full set of chain. As such I'll be converting him up again once the base model arrives! Krom's still on full chain and a plate helm now, so this current model of him fits.

Only 2 more dwarves left to paint in the party, Ozrid the rat catches and Snorri the thief. Already have their models converted and basecoated, so with my Twilight pledge going well this month I should have enough time to get them both done by Tuesday.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2012, 07:45:19 am »

I like the sense of character these guys have. Smiley

HN
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 12:17:54 pm »

I think the closed eye works really well as it is. Is that a Bretonnian errant Knight Helm you've given him?
Overall I echo HN - great characters all round!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 04:08:31 pm »

Cheers guys! The helm had the top cut off and was filed down. The band of cloth was from an Empire Knight helm and added before the original top band from the dwarf's helm was put back. I basically just took out a slice large enough for the cloth slice to fit.

Rogan 2.0 is also converted now with appropriate weaponry, height, armour and baggage! Should hopefully get him basecoated and partially painted tonight.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 02:34:30 am »

Rogan 2.0 in his new dwarven plate mail has arrived! He's well on his way to the Veteran career now, just a couple more advances to go, so in another month he should be able to advance career.

Quite pleased with the eyes, it's the first time I've ever bothered to highlight the pupils. Bloody hell was that a pain with a brush, next time I'll probably try a pin.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 02:44:00 am »

Nicely done! Good to see him progressing. I see he's trained up in beard plaiting since his early days.
The eyes look very neatly done. I can't believe you highlighted the pupils.
Whitwort Stormbringer
Jenta

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2012, 10:50:13 am »

Hadn't peeked in on this thread in a while - as a dwarf-lover myself I must say, your dwarfs are excellent!  I really like the effort that has gone into them to make each one feel like an individual.  Nice work!
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 05:57:52 am »

I've not been to this thread for a while either! Thank you, painting them was a pleasure as I usually blitz out models and working on 'character's is a nice change.

Unfortunately I've not really painted anything for a while, but that should change soon with 6th ed 40k bringing a bit of life back to the game for me, and the new Chaos Codex being a lot of fun.... I'll most likely be working on a bunch of Nurgle marines, my first 40k Chaos love.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 03:22:28 pm »

Whelp, no 40k to post, but I managed to paint and take pictures of a couple of things, namely a bunch of Agents and a Pokemon Trainer, all representing characters or enemies in rpg's I'm currently running/playing in.

Generic Agents.

Edward Blake, my Pokemon Trainer in a friend's campaign. He's currently doing 'very, very well' in comparison to the rest of the party which may, or may not, be because he's a Psychic.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: