The World Of Twilight
March 19, 2024, 07:50:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compilation book - rule changes  (Read 4051 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: January 24, 2015, 08:37:01 pm »

With the release of the Chronicles of Anyaral compilation book I took the opportunity to make a few tweaks to the rules for some models. If you have the cards, then those are the stats to use, but if you are still using the three books then the following Stat Updates should come in handy!

I’ve split the Stat Updates up by model, then there are a couple of abilities that have been significantly modified. There have been tweaks and clarifications to the wordings of some abilities, but for the most part those won’t really impact play. I think I've caught everything, but plese let me know if you have any questions or sport anything I've missed!

Book 1
•   Militia Captain – You may now mount the Militia Captain on an enuk by adding 10 points to its cost, which increases its Move to 10”
•   Trader – You may now mount the Trader on an enuk by adding 10 points to its cost, which increases its Move to 10”
•   Baruk – This model now has a cost of 20pts and has had its ‘Herd Animal’ skill replaced with ‘Instinctive (0,2)’. This doesn’t change much, unless he receives support in combat.
•   Engineer – Replaced by Engineer Beru in Book 2.
•   Devanu Kopa – This model now has Stamina: 6 and has gained ‘Packmaster (4)[L]’ and ‘Alpha [T]’
•   Devanu Sempa – This model now has Stamina: 5
•   Grishak – This models has had its Move reduced to 10” and its Command Range reduced to 3”

Book 2
•   NuraKira – This model has had its cost increased to 20 points, but now has ‘Authority (2)[L]’
•   Light Cavalry – Combat increased to 3. Ranged Attack increased to cast 3CS
•   Slingers – Range of Staff Sling increased to 18”
•   Commander Brenat – Combat increased to 4
•   Jenta Spear – This model has lost the ‘Focus’ ability, but has instead gained Focus*, Light Weapon and Long Range (4)* as abilities associated with its Throwing Spear
•   Kosok – This model now has Support: 3 and has gained ‘Solo’ and ‘Aggressive’, so it can Flit even if it isn’t quite engaged.

Abilities
•   Coordinated Strike – this has changed such that both sides may receive support, rather than simply applying +1 for each friendly adjacent Troop or Elite.
•   Charge – a model targeted by a Charge may now get support from friendly models
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 12:07:48 pm »

Grakukan: I've had a little inconsistency pointed out between the card and the rulebook. The rulebook should be considered as correct so he costs 150pts.
moodygit
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 08:33:21 pm »

Long story short... Taking a club member through all of the different faction ideas, he was reading cards and I had the book. We noticed a couple of differences, the Lord of Orel being one, so being 'that' bloke my OCD took over. Naturally I had to go and check all of the cards.
I have found eleven differences, most are minor such as character type or incorrect initial after traits but some are more game stat.

Am I right in saying book is always right as I plan to scribble on my cards.

In majority of cases this is so as I have compared against other things such as the trait sheet and the fact of named people being unique. The only ones I cannot do otherwise are point values (answered above) command ranges and missing skills.

Edit-should I have put this in 'Book errata and advice'?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:40:18 pm by moodygit » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 10:02:48 pm »

There's not much more annoying than spotting typos after things have gone to print! I hadn't noticed there was as many as eleven  Embarrassed
As a general rule the book trumps the cards. The only possible exception is the price on the Lord of Orel - 125pts seems like a more balanced cost.
If you would like to post a list in the Book errata and advice thread then that might help others.

As a punishment for being 'that bloke' I will be pestering you over the next week or two to proofread the casanii book and cards...  Smiley
moodygit
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 06:36:26 am »

As a punishment for being 'that bloke' I will be pestering you over the next week or two to proofread the casanii book and cards...  Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley Yes please Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: