The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 03:10:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chain of command - silly question  (Read 5655 times)
Beastlord
Apprentice

« on: May 11, 2011, 06:13:00 pm »

just wanted to confirm this, as I only just noticed -
Am I correct in thinking that leaders can only activate the unit types on their profile? So a knight captain cannot activate a militia captain for example? Or a NuraSen cannot activate a NuraKira or a KalMalog? Just wanted to make sure!
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 06:31:19 pm »

If it says "troops and civilians" that's exactly what it means. The commander rule is for exactly that reason, allowing models to activate elites.

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 09:53:33 pm »

Right, cool...
So:
Only Roban can currently activate striders?
Can a NuraLehn activated by a NuraSen use its own Lesser Authority to activate 1 troop which then can activate four more? Meaning a maximum activation of 25?
Or do the NuraLehn have to stick by the rules in the priests Greater authority - activating only a further four troops, meaning a maximum activation of 21?
Are Roban and the militia commander the only units with the Commander ability so far? (Disregarding devanu)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 10:10:11 pm »

Roban can activate striders using Commander, or striders can activate striders using Cadre. There are no other commanders as such in the Delgon force - they don't quite work that way! There will be a high priest with commander eventually, but that would only be needed in a huge force.

The NuraSen can generally activate a maximum of four lots of five troops, so twenty models and himself. If a NuraLehn is activated by the priest then it may not use its lesser authority.
A NuraLehn acolyte can generally be used in two ways. The first one is to do direct activation of a close group of five soldiers as a unit. The second one is to make use of the longer command range and activate him by the NuraSen as a useful 'clean-up' to pull troops back into formation. The NuraKira is a bit better at the direct activation, but as it is an elite it can't do the clean-up role.

It's never safe to disregard devanu, but you are pretty much correct. The only models with Commander are Roban, the militia commander, Brenar and Arak Katain.

Hope that helps!
Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 10:18:05 pm »

It does, thanks! I just hadn't quite got my head round how the chain of command differed between Empire and Delgon - its very interesting!
Just one further problem I'm having! I dont understand why the NuraKira is better at direct activation than the NuraLehn as they have the same stats? I see how elite prevents him doing cleanup, as the priest cant activate him.
Sorry bout all this!

Oh and thankyou for the lovely wooden blast template  Grin
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 10:26:03 pm »

The NuraKira can have a bodyguard, so you can let him command a small unit with less concern that he'll be killed almost immediately! Or you can deploy his bodyguard with the unit and make it all that much more effective. You are right, the NuraKira is identical to the NuraLehn in all other respects.

Glad you like the template - Fenris did a great job with them  Smiley
Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 01:25:54 am »

Right, I'm with you! It really is all there in the rulebook...guess I'm just too used to stuff like warhammer where there are millions of little rules with ambiguous applications that make you overthink things...
A final enquiry that I might as well stick here:- Is my original Rulebook (bought at Salute last year) now out of date? Some things seem not to fit with more recent rules eg. it lists Commander as activating Troops, not Elites...
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 02:04:15 am »

I believe that was just a typo at the time of printing for the original book.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 12:55:59 pm »

That's a bit odd - I thought you would have got the new book at salute last year. Don't worry though, there is very little real difference - just a couple of fixed typos (including Commander) and playtest rules for a couple of models that now have proper rules.
Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 02:37:00 pm »

Actually, thinking about it I got the book from Hasslefree sometime before Salute. It'll probably be a priceless rare item one day....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: