The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 01:42:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: My Quar and Other Assorted Stuff  (Read 21092 times)
maccioniath
Apprentice

« on: April 30, 2011, 12:55:28 pm »

Before I finally broke down and bought into Twilight, I spent a lot of my hobby time on Zombiesmith's Quar line. Their site is over here: www.zombiesmith.com

At any rate, these are some of the Partisans and Crusaders from them. I have Royalists, too, but they're not pretty to look at and need repainting....

Crusaders!

fungus silos

and last, a few conversions:

I have individual shots of most of these guys, and a smattering of other stuff, on my pbase gallery here:  http://www.pbase.com/rachyr/newer_quar

Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy them!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:08:16 pm by maccioniath » Logged
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 02:15:42 pm »

Lovely Quar there! I've always been tempted by those figures, but managed to resist in the end.

maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 02:24:46 pm »

Thanks! I said the same thing about Twilight for a long, long time... ask Mike how that turned out! Wink
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 03:40:53 pm »

Interesting looking figs. I have seen this line before but I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

I like your paint jobs and the ruin is very cool with the fallen statue.

HN
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 11:00:41 pm »

cool quirky minis with great paint jobs!  Smiley

I like all your terrain too

Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 12:27:09 am »

Nice to see more Quar; they look very characterful, and I especially like the partisans.

I've always liked the figs, but I've never had either a strong enough reason to buy some or the chance to play an intro game. In the end, I know my poor weeping wallet thanks me for the brief respite my stoic resistance in this provides it with!

Is that trader a conversion or a standard figure BTW? I don't remember seeing that before.
Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 12:40:51 am »

Lovely units  Smiley I really want some of these guys as adversaries for my Grymn....

Not as much as I want more Delgon though.
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 01:51:52 am »

Thanks guys for all the kind words!

The "trader" is actually a conversion I did. It's not terribly difficult, i only have minimal sculpting skills. Josh, the gent that runs zombiesmith, will gladly sell you whatever bits you may need. It's a great setting and I thoroughly enjoy playing around on it. And I've never played a single game, I just love the minis and the fluff.
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 10:46:01 am »

One of the things I love about this hobby is the indecent niche businesses doing their own thing.

My three favourites are (in no particular order)

Hassle free grymn (with old crow vehicles)
Zombie smith quar
Twilight

The thing I hate is that using them all together is highly improbable.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 12:12:09 pm »

Funny you should say that. I've been working on a setting that will let players use whatever they have floating around. "Not-quar" have been a staple in there for a while, and I just fluffed up reasons to incorporate "not-Twilight" stuff too. Grymn might be a harder sell, I'll have to peruse their range and see what I can do... Wink
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 12:41:57 pm »

I have to suspend my disbelief too far to have scifi pulse gun toting grymn fighting wwi quar vs medieval fubarnii....

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 12:49:05 pm »

Yeah, unfortunately, you're right... Kindred would work better. Never was much of a squats fan, myself.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 11:19:25 am »

Those are fantastic. I was hoping you'd share some of your quar here  Smiley
Love the little conversions, particularly the trader type character with his packbeast.
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 12:05:38 pm »

Thanks! My conversion skills are definitely lacking, but they get the point across and aren't terrible if you stand far enough away.
The 'trader' is actually Llewlys Gehn, a notorious gunrunner and all-around ne'er-do-well from the Aerlyc March in the northern Elghmore Valley, Creevin. The scallywag in the mask with the orange armband is his nephew, P'dryg Gehn. Bad news all around!
clam
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 05:24:19 pm »

I'm so glad that I haven't found a UK based retailer selling Quar. Cause like GecKilian Im tempted - and I'm rather sure I couldn't resist the temptation buying some if there had been a retailer over here. Love Aaron Brown's sculpt very much and see lots of resemblance to Twilight in the Zombiesmidth Quar.

And what a fantastic job you have done on them, Maccioniath. Don't make it any easier (resisting Wink).

My painting-blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: