The World Of Twilight
April 18, 2024, 02:37:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Quar and Other Assorted Stuff  (Read 21164 times)
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 01:20:16 pm »

I've been working on these quirky models lately. They're hefty Bob Olley sculpts called Occulites, for a company called Darwin Games. There's supposed to be a board game incorporating the minis coming out at some point. There's another post about them somewhere on the board. I just like the really unique look they have. I've gotten away from "army-building" per se and mostly just paint what I like the look of. And Dhogu. Lots and lots of Dhogu. Might even have pics of them one day! Wink

This is a Luftle.

My test Palaudis.

Test Hydris

Test Floris

I have two more tribes that i need to work out schemes for.

A few other WIP pics...

Palaudis front

Back

The Big Kahuna

Icky Thump and his Attendants, Ambly and Xanter

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2012, 01:43:35 pm »

They are a fun crazy range - thanks for sharing Smiley
You've done them with big bases - is that what they come with?

Looking forward to seeing the dhogu!
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 01:59:31 pm »

Actually they come with little tiny integrated bases similar to the Quar. I've glued them onto great big honking washers (my first attempts at using something other than plastic bases... still figuring out what I'm doing in that regard) because some of the big guys have a pretty wide footprint and wouldnt fit on anything but GW monster bases. These washers are a bit smaller (not to mention cheaper, and readily available, thanks to GW's asinine marketing policies of late) but also give me plenty of room to play with, or will, once the minis are painted. Since I really have no intention of gaming with them, base size won't matter so much.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 07:38:59 pm »

The paint jobs are really nice but the models are not to my taste. I wonder what the game will be like

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: