The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 01:37:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Languages  (Read 5852 times)
Juan
Jenta

« on: April 30, 2011, 10:01:19 pm »

Hello. I am reading your rulebooks (I received them some days ago) and "working" my friends to beging a new project. The only problem I have with this wonderful game is the laguage. I have no problem understanding English (writting it is another question...), but it is not the case of some of my friends so
Have you plans to translate the rulebooks to other languages (Spanish, perhaps  Grin)?

Cheers,

Juan
Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 12:34:32 am »

If you need help by having the rules translating or explaining, I'd be happy to help where I can. Translating the background though... That'd be a lot more work/time which I can't afford at the moment, sorry.  Undecided

I might be more open to do a proper book-by-book translation into Spanish later in the year though; but only with Mike's permission, and only if there was enough interest to warrant me doing it.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 08:57:05 am »

I have a version of the first rulebook in french, and somebody has kindly offered to do one for me in german. No current plans for spanish though... If anybody would like to do translations then that would be great and I'd be happy to reformat that text to fit with the standard books. I'm not sure what we would then do with them, but I'm sure it would be possible to get a short run printed if there was demand, otherwise it would just be a download.
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:30:34 am »

Can I have one in fubarnii please?

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 11:27:37 am »

I'll set Tom on it. If completed it would be nigh on perfect, but don't expect any output until 2030 at the earliest  Wink
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 05:21:21 pm »

I'll set Tom on it. If completed it would be nigh on perfect, but don't expect any output until 2030 at the earliest  Wink

Half past eight will be fine.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Juan
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 09:25:28 pm »

Thank you very much for your offer, Mr Gilbear. I have been doing some translations before, from english to spanish, so it could be an accessible task for me, but, again, thank you a lot. I need only to translate the chapter of the rules, to use it in my games, but only if Mike permits it, of course.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:28:13 pm by Juan » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 10:09:56 pm »

Of course I'd be okay with that.
Juan
Jenta

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 02:56:09 pm »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]