The World Of Twilight
April 18, 2024, 01:14:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Well worth the money.  (Read 10857 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« on: May 01, 2011, 08:20:21 pm »

Well What would be well worth the money?
A book detailing the immense history of the Fubarnii and their culture! I see some posts labelled as 'twilight ramblings' that contain a great wealth of information of this world and I'm thinking "Why isnt this a book?"
I would gladly pay for a printed version of all the topics put into one volume. It would be great for referencing and also potentially a way of finding new units/models to incorporate into the game.
Just a thought Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:15:54 pm by Megatron0 » Logged

GregX999
Donrehleh Mercenary
Jenta

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 08:57:29 pm »

I agree 100%!!!

The "Ramblings" sticky in "The World" section (here: http://www.worldoftwilight.com/forum/index.php?topic=68.0) has SO MUCH info (just follow the links).

But a book, full of beautiful illustrations to go along with the fluff, would be amazing. And lots of terrain and dioramas too! (Get to work Brandlin!)  Grin
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:23:16 pm »

Would you pay the £thousands it would cost to write?

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:10:24 pm »

No thats the companies job Tongue
I would however purchase a completed copy. Even if it was the format of the current Twilight rulebook that would still be great!
And thanks for the link GregX999 Unfortunately I hate reading off my crappy laptop screen and would like something to carry around with me Smiley

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 10:14:54 pm »

That's the thing, there isn't enough money riding around with WoT for such a project to be feasible for Mike to complete on his own. For that matter, the sale market would be really quite small, and so I can't see it happening in the near future.

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 10:30:57 pm »

Harsh. Well one day if he wants a commission piece I might drop him a line Tongue

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 09:00:14 am »

I reakon we will have to wait for the full rulebook to be released, which is some way in the far future I believe. I suppose the advantage of not having it all in print is that its subject to change and our influence as a gaming community.

I'd still buy it though Wink

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 10:28:22 am »

I would love to do a book of fluff with lots of pictures and background, but it is a BIG project. At the moment I'm working on it slowly, with each of the books expanding the world a bit, and ramblings being a good place to also expand a bit. I will at some point pull it together into a single rulebook with more fluff and everything, but that might take a couple more years. In the meantime I'll try to maintain a continuous (if not constant) flow of information about the world alongside the mini releases.

If anybody ever wants to help out on that sort of project then I'd be entirely open to that.
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 12:13:29 pm »

I'd love to help with any Delgon background/ fiction Mike, email me what kind of things you'd be after and I can fill my non-painting spare time with writing.

GregX999
Donrehleh Mercenary
Jenta

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 01:30:31 pm »

I'd love to help out! But I have no idea how useful I'd be from across the pond (probably not very). I do love coming up with rules and scenarios, but I think so do many others. And I'm a crap illustrator. I'd love to help write some fluff or stories as well, but I'd need some guidance as far as what would be needed.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 02:28:50 pm »

If anybody ever wants to help out on that sort of project then I'd be entirely open to that.

I'll be happy to give it a go! if you PM me with what your looking for and i'll try and write something Cheesy

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 08:39:43 pm »

I need to email a few of you when I get a chance. I would do that tonight, but I think I'll sculpt instead  Smiley

What would be great would be if any of you fancied joining in the clan design 'contest' from a while back. It's open ended so you can just pick a part of the world and flesh it out a bit. I might move your clan entirely or suggest other ideas, but that would be a great start and I love seeing how other people view their bits of the world.
Another option would be to flesh out a part of the Delgon (although that is more likely to get heavily editted), or create a new Devanu character.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 08:41:40 pm »

Right I will go for that then! Cheesy

GregX999
Donrehleh Mercenary
Jenta

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 09:05:33 pm »

OK, sure. I wouldn't mind having a go at a clan. How about way up north - Donreh? Would "Donreh" also be the name of the clan - is it typical the capitol city of an area would be named after the clan that "controls" the area?
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 09:35:17 pm »

Well, there is that map thing...

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: