The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 07:53:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a Few Questions  (Read 4044 times)
maccioniath
Apprentice

« on: May 01, 2011, 08:27:52 pm »

So I've been reading the books and the forum and try my hand at some Twilight fluff. I have a few questions, though, that for whatever reason - weak search-fu on my part, or just plain missing stuff - I can't find an answer to. If the more established gents wouldn't mind humoring me, I have just a couple of questions...

first, does the world have any moons other than Enar? And how big is Enar, in comparison to our moon? I read about fubarnii engineers looking at what they interpret as campfires on Enar in one thread or another - is the moon really inhabited, or are they looking at some kind of volcanic activity and just misinterpreting it?
I'm assuming the sky is blue and clouds are white and all the basic physics of Earth also still apply, and that the largest differences are in the lifeforms, not the basics.
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 09:22:02 pm »

Yes all the same physics apply, except for the highly active deposits of bunkum you find naturally occur in anywhere mike is.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:23:23 pm »

Just remember, it's his bunkum that all this is built around....  Wink
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:27:25 pm »

It's still bunkum and I reserve the right to tease him good naturedly.

Wink

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 10:36:13 am »

There are two moons, the smaller of which is Enar. I can't remember if I've ever named the second moon, so I'll have to check my notes at some point. The apparent size of the larger moon is a tad smaller than ours, and Enar is probably about half the diameter. I should work out a proper model of the system at some point so I can give a better idea of the period of rotation for both moons, but that would require looking back at some of my old astrophysics notes...

As to what the fires of Enar are? Good question, but I'm not telling.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: