The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 07:28:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gallery?  (Read 3053 times)
Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« on: May 03, 2011, 11:19:06 am »

(I wasn't sure where to post this, but as it concerned painted miniatures I thought I'd stick it in here!)

I was wondering about the Gallery tab on the front page:

1) I like the idea that Mike adds models he particularly likes to the gallery, rather than most forum galleries where users can add anything themselves; I feel it makes the gallery more of a 'showcase*' of what Twilight is about to new visitors to the site.

2) Can the gallery be split into faction subsections?

3) Could the person's name/forum name be added under the model picture in the gallery? And also a one-line description or the name of the model? I think this would also help visitors to the site.

4) Can there be a terrain/board/display subsection too? I think that the Salute '11 main table is a great example of something that should be in the gallery!

*By "showcase" I don't mean that the stuff in the gallery has to be display- or competition-level, but rather are examples that portray the WoT particularly well, or that Mike feels are especially evocative for whatever reason.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:15:31 pm »

Great ideas. I'll add them to the list  Smiley
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 09:45:00 pm »

I agree with 4.

The rest are just meh!

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: