The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 05:53:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Clans of the Empire  (Read 13698 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: May 08, 2011, 08:44:54 am »

This thread provides a summary of those clans that have been created by forum members. None of these are official, but they are a good guide until I've visited the regions myself, and they may well have a strong influence when I do.
If you create a clan then put a summary here saying where it is and what it is like, along with a link to your thread. The body of the summary should be no more than 150 words long.

Reserved regions: Majorn Anis

Central Empire

Setir Mountains

Clan Engu of the Western Shores by Hairy Norseman
Clan Engu dwell on the western coastline; north of the Naralon Forest and west of the Setir Mountains; a hardy clan living in a harsh environment. Growing slightly larger than most Fubarnii they experience cool summers, suffering the pesky mish, and freezing winters. The clan suffers attacks from Devanu in the south, who strike out from Naralon Forest, and raiding Dhogu from the Setir Mountains.
Their capital is the city of Tonueil, rising up on the cliffs over-looking the Western Ocean. Most of the city is below ground, providing protection from the constant cold winds that blow across the region. During the harsh winter, local herds are shepherded below till the great thaw in spring. During this time the clan's traders are away from home, selling their wares across the Empire. Practical and resolute, the Fubarnii of Clan Engu are independent of spirit, though still strong supporters of the Empire.

Clan Galin of the Black Peaks by Hairy Norseman
The Fubarnii of the Galin clan dwell in the north west of the Empire, amongst the lower reaches of the Setir Mountains. Like many of the Setir clans the Galin are taller and broader than their southern kin, a hardy race able to survive the freezing winters and the harsh mountain environment. Their strong arms are put to good use seeing off Dhogu raiders from the northern passes and vicous Devanu attacks from the Naralon Forest in the south.
The city of Galim is carved into the mountains of the Black Peaks and looks out across the clan’s domain. Their main resource is timber from the Naralon Forest sent out in trader caravans to the markets of the Empire. The Fubarnii of Clan Galin share a great sense of kinship with their neighbours and though they don’t always see eye to eye with the clans of the Central Empire they are resolute in the ancient oaths of their ancestors.

Clan Donrehleh by GregX999

The Nerinii Clans of the Great Lakes

Moerasi of Larigal by Jubal
Only about 60% of Larigal's population are native Moerasines; the city is famous primarily as Anyaral's greatest centre of learning, and is thronged with engineers, mystics, and other knowledge seekers from all over the Empire. It lies on the north shores of the great lakes, just into the central Empire; most of the surrounding land is marshy and cris-crossed with rivers. The city itself is dominated by a few huge towers built by the "colleges" of Engineers there. The colleges wield most of the power in Larigal, sitting at the clan council and providing most of the employment in the area. The clan leader, Larigal's mayor, is chosen by a vote of the colleges (and a few other officials such as the Traders), and so political power is also firmly in their grasp. Being run by engineers, of course, they often have no idea what to DO with it and would far rather be writing interesting treatises...

Clan Enipel by Megatron
The Enipel clan are Merchants first and foremost, dealing with medicines and narcotics many Fubarnii have grown rich supplying the rest of Anyaral with these commodities.
The capital is built upon the ‘great tree’ and is ruled by the Lanak who appoints Grand Merchants to be his aids and protect the free city. The capital is also host to academic centres such as the Engineers’ guild and the Herbalist academy.
Lakes of varying sizes dominate the surrounding area and these provide water and food to the capital along with excess for trade.
As a race they only have once physical difference to other Fubarnii and that is a brighter skin colour while other clans will note that the Enipel Fubarnii are extremely fast talkers and obsessive barterers.

Clan Brenka of the Poma Basin by Koya
Hailing from the swamps and fungal forests of the Poma river delta, clan Brenka is a clan of flower farmers, spice traders and merchant princes. Ruled by powerful merchant cartels, Brenka culture revolves around commerce and the clan is both celebrated and reviled for the breadth and influence of its trade networks and monopoly over the valuable swamp-growing Prahr flower. Though other clans often characterize these Fubarnii as selfish and greedy, the truth is that the clan is dependent on imported goods and could not exist without trade. Because of their wealth, Brenka traders can often afford to hire skilled mercenaries to supplement the standard militia.

Clans of the Argoran Territories

Clan Orel'an, the Hunter's Den of Orel by Geckilian
Clan Orel'an, led by the great Orel'an Het atop his mighty graku'kan Ophelid, are a clan primarily of hunters, forged within the Agoran wastes. Using a great number of graku from the boundaries of the Naralon forest, the hunters and citizens of Orel and the neighbouring small mountain range Orel'as fend off frequent devanu attacks as they ply their wares along the shifting trade routes of the wastes. Based largely in the fortified Orel'as, Clan Orel’an has thus far endured and even prospered in the harsh conditions and their military has come to resemble the wastes themselves – merciless and resolute. Trading commodities of water, stone and to an extent lumber, traders from the clan are often accompanied by the Knights of Orelis, a noble cadre of graku’kan and enuk haderis riders raised from the ranks of the hunters  who demonstrate a crass brutality when the threat of the devanu appears.

Clan Bedhun of Genera by Beastlord

Clan Eglim-Tal by Rick

To be decided

Clan Yasugar by Axel Chohimajin

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:13:31 am by Carcharoth » Logged
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 09:44:06 am »

Clan Engu of the Western Shores
Clan Engu dwell on the western coastline; north of the Naralon Forest and west of the Setir Mountains; a hardy clan living in a harsh environment. Growing slightly larger than most Fubarnii they experience cool summers, suffering the pesky mish, and freezing winters. The clan suffers attacks from Devanu in the south, who strike out from Naralon Forest, and raiding Dhogu from the Setir Mountains.

Their capital is the city of Tonueil, rising up on the cliffs over-looking the Western Ocean. Most of the city is below ground, providing protection from the constant cold winds that blow across the region. During the harsh winter, local herds are shepherded below till the great thaw in spring. During this time the clan's traders are away from home, selling their wares across the Empire. Practical and resolute, the Fubarnii of Clan Engu are independent of spirit, though still strong supporters of the Empire.

HN
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 08:08:38 pm by Hairy Norseman » Logged
Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 10:48:10 am »

Well I'm working on:
Clan Bedhun of Genera
I'll stick a summary in shortly.
Sorry about the confusion Geckilian  Embarrassed
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 12:27:43 pm »

Moerasi of Larigal
Only about 60% of Larigal's population are native Moerasines; the city is famous primarily as Anyaral's greatest centre of learning, and is thronged with engineers, mystics, and other knowledge seekers from all over the Empire. It lies on the north shores of the great lakes, just into the central Empire; most of the surrounding land is marshy and cris-crossed with rivers. The city itself is dominated by a few huge towers built by the "colleges" of Engineers there. The colleges wield most of the power in Larigal, sitting at the clan council and providing most of the employment in the area. The clan leader, Larigal's mayor, is chosen by a vote of the colleges (and a few other officials such as the Traders), and so political power is also firmly in their grasp. Being run by engineers, of course, they often have no idea what to DO with it and would far rather be writing interesting treatises...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 12:15:36 pm by Jubal » Logged

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 02:50:07 pm »

Clan Enipel

The Enipel clan are Merchants first and foremost, dealing with medicines and narcotics many Fubarnii have grown rich supplying the rest of Anyaral with these commodities.
The capital is built upon the ‘great tree’ and is ruled by the Lanak who appoints Grand Merchants to be his aids and protect the free city. The capital is also host to academic centres such as the Engineers’ guild and the Herbalist academy.
Lakes of varying sizes dominate the surrounding area and these provide water and food to the capital along with excess for trade.
As a race they only have once physical difference to other Fubarnii and that is a brighter skin colour while other clans will note that the Enipel Fubarnii are extremely fast talkers and obsessive barterers.

http://www.worldoftwilight.com/forum/index.php?topic=578.0
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:27:47 pm by Megatron0 » Logged

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 06:11:15 pm »

Clan Orel'an, the Hunter's Den of Orel

Clan Orel'an, led by the great Orel'an Het atop his mighty graku'kan Ophelid, are a clan primarily of hunters, forged within the Agoran wastes. Using a great number of graku from the boundaries of the Naralon forest, the hunters and citizens of Orel and the neighbourning small mountain range Orel'as fend off frequent devanu attacks as they ply their wares along the shifting trade routes of the wastes. Based largely in the fortified Orel'as, Clan Orel’an has thus far endured and even prospered in the harsh conditions and their military has come to resemble the wastes themselves – merciless and resolute. Trading commodities of water, stone and to an extent lumber, traders from the clan are often accompanied by the Knights of Orelis, a noble cadre of graku’kan and enuk haderis riders raised from the ranks of the hunters  who demonstrate a crass brutality when the threat of the devanu appears.

http://www.worldoftwilight.com/forum/index.php?topic=592.0

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 08:04:23 pm »

Mike I have just changed mine, updating the city name. Please can you change my intro in the first post as well. Cheers.

HN
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 11:13:09 am »

I just remembered that my clan's name was originally the Moerasi, derived from the dutch (I think) word for marsh or fen, so could it be changed back to that?

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 11:53:39 am »

If you edit your original entry I'll update the main thread.
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 12:15:46 pm »

Done.  Smiley

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 07:23:55 pm »

Mike, just noticed the title for my little intro has the wrong city name...should be Tonueil not Argor. Please can you switch it, cheers.

HN
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 01:35:20 pm »

Clan Galin of the Black Peaks
The Fubarnii of the Galin clan dwell in the north west of the Empire, amongst the lower reaches of the Setir Mountains. Like many of the Setir clans the Galin are taller and broader than their southern kin, a hardy race able to survive freezing winters and the harsh mountain environment. Their strong arms are put to good use seeing off Dhogu raiders from the northern passes and vicous Devanu attacks from the Naralon Forest in the south.

The clan city of Galim is carved into the mountains of the Black Peaks and looks out across the Galin’s domain. Their main resource is timber from the Naralon Forest, sent out in trader caravans to the markets of the Empire. The Fubarnii of Clan Galin share a great sense of kinship with their neighbours and though they don’t always see eye to eye with the clans of the Central Empire they are resolute in the ancient oaths of their ancestors.

HN

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:12:54 am by Hairy Norseman » Logged
Koya
Jenta

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 08:23:47 am »

Clan Brenka of the Poma Basin

Hailing from the swamps and fungal forests of the Poma river delta, clan Brenka is a clan of flower farmers, spice traders and merchant princes. Ruled by powerful merchant cartels, Brenka culture revolves around commerce and the clan is both celebrated and reviled for the breadth and influence of its trade networks and monopoly over the valuable swamp-growing Prahr flower. Though other clans often characterize these Fubarnii as selfish and greedy, the truth is that the clan is dependent on imported goods and could not exist without trade. Because of their wealth, Brenka traders can often afford to hire skilled mercenaries to supplement the standard militia.

http://www.worldoftwilight.com/forum/index.php?topic=128.0
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 10:14:29 am »

The clans have been updated again. Thanks for the input!
I really should add some of the clans that make up the Central Empire.
Koya
Jenta

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 01:17:53 am »

EDIT: Okay.. I managed to answer my original question with a little digging. Also, this was totally the wrong thread for it. I'll keep it clean from now on.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:02:05 am by Koya » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: