The World Of Twilight
April 18, 2024, 01:09:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hairy's Plog  (Read 12926 times)
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: May 31, 2011, 04:41:09 pm »

Hi all,

I finally managed to build my Devanu after weeks of waiting. I thought I'd just put a pic of them up here showing my work so far...

I have given them some furs as the Ghost Claws tend to wrap up warm in the chilly north-west; I decided not to go all out or it'd look a bit daft, as if they were wearing a massive coat.

I'm undercoating them now so fingers crossed so hopefully I can make a start with the painting tomorrow.

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 06:29:03 pm »

Awesome! I want to see these done!
Also you might want to change the name from Plog to Blog Cheesy Unless it was deliberate Grin

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 06:45:27 pm »

Cheers Megatron. Twas deliberate Project-log.

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 06:56:28 pm »

In my mind I was wondering if it might have been Painting-log or something as i wrote that post xD
Whats your colour scheme going to be?

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 07:43:16 pm »

I like the silver n green effect he has going on!

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Grimmtooth
Jenta

Eat what can be eaten

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 08:36:56 pm »

More jokers, yeh the ghost claws sound like they have the right idea and your minis are looking well made !

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 08:44:46 am »

It's going to be fairly standard as they don't have any particularly different markings in the north-west. Not sure on the exact colours as yet either but will rustle something together.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 09:01:33 am »

If they are attacking from the woods then they may paint themselves in a form of camouflage. Possibly hard to get right on a miniature though. You could tend towards darker tones than the Devanu that hunt on the plains if you wanted - that might work well.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 09:12:34 am »

I will have a butchers at my paints and see what I can think of. With the camo/warpaint I was thinking possibly some sort of light greyish to play up the Ghost image - could be part of how they got their name.

HN
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 07:54:09 pm »

I've been quite busy house buying but have finally managed to finish the Ghost Claws!

I'm fairly happy with how these chaps turned out but it would have been smoother if I hadn't kinda rushed them and made up the colour scheme as I went. I look forward to painting up my Knights of Naralon (KoN) though they will have to wait as I have some Gobbos to finish. The green bits of armour have been taken from KoN dead and the red armour bits have been taken from Engu dead. When I eventually add some more Devanu to the pack I will be sure to add some Galin themed armour or clothing as well. In the end I decided not to give them warpaint as with the furs on top I thought it would be too much. Instead I went with a light fur colour to help give them namesake look.

A small group from the Ghost Claw Pack emerge from a copse of Redu trees on the edges of the Naralon Forest.

HN
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 10:54:30 am »

Looks great, nice touches in the modelling process too. Smiley

The red components look a bit placed upon the model, maybe a darker tone about the lower edges to shadow the armor? Even a dark line of skin brown about the base of the plates to create a shadow. Being such a bright colour it does leap off the more drab skin, so this stands out when I view them.

Other than that, I like the scavenger nature of the trio's gear. Be a little while before I amass enough locals to fend you off! Wink

- Taelan.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 07:53:46 am »

Forgot I had this old thread so thought I move the knights into here rather than have two threads on the go...

I am slowly working my way through my WoT minis and have just finished putting together my knights and a pree pree. The knights are from the Order of the Naralon Forest and so wear trophies of Grimblar skin, for these rugged ladies & gents must slay one of these fearsome beasts before they will be fully inducted into the order.

After a bit of a chat with Mike I discovered that the Grimblar probably has knarly, perhaps even scaled skin much like a crocodile. In the end I decided to go with a rough & rugged skin with scale towards the spine and back, much like a Devanu. This way the Grimblar kinda bridges between the Fubarnii (Mike's original sculpt of the Grimblar has Fubarnii type legs) while it is obviously a predator, like the Devanu.

Anyway, heres the ladies in all their unpainted glory...

So thats 4 Knights, 1 Knight Captain & Marshal Elodin of Naralon.

Finally my cute little PreePree...

For the Tale I had hoped to get the Knights painted up last month but ran out of time, I did manage to get the Pree Pree painted up though.

I have my nephew over today for some painting so will be making a start on the knights, I'm hoping to get the enuk done if not more...hopefully...

HN
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 10:26:02 am »

At long last, may I present the Knights of Naralon...

These guys proved a bit of a mission to complete but I got there in the end. I still need to make their barracks but that will have to wait as am mega busy this summer.

Next up will be a Bushido Dragon that I picked up at Salute. I'm painting this guy for our son who was born earlier this year in the Chinese year of the water dragon. After that I might paint up a MicroArt Death from Discworld who I also picked up from Salute but this one will be for the wife. I am hoping to get the militia done this year as well as the engineer and a baggage train as I am eager to add paint to my Dhogu. First though I have an extensive DIY list to complete Sad

HN
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 02:25:56 pm »

Just finished another warrior of Engu...an Eragu!

A great (not so) little mini. It seems somehow strange having a WoT mini in resin, lol. I'm hoping Mike will be organising her some comrades soon. Cheesy

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 10:46:06 am »

I think that is definitely a kopa  Smiley
Nice paintjob! The axe is at a bit of an angle, but looks like you've done a good job with the obsidian.
He'll get companions, but you will have to wait until next year due to Andrews busy schedule.
I'm tempted to paint one up to go as a merc with my orelan force. It seems strange to give him a desert base though...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: