The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 09:37:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: TWF-01 - PRYN-GUL TOWER *** AVAILABLE NOW ***  (Read 22508 times)
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 01:06:21 pm »

One thing I haven't seen (may has missed it) in the instructions is the 3rd door and the requirements for connecting to the bridge. I'm sure I've spaced things out such that fitting in a bridge door will be tricky.

Can the bridge reach over objects on the ground floor?

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 01:15:18 pm »

i supplied a third doorway arch simply because i had the space and i thought a mix of arched and keystone door tops would be good. Its not specifically for the bridge.

The bridge only requires two spaces - on on the 1st floor and one immediately above it on the 2nd. (assuming english configuration where 1st floor is above ground floor)

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 08:57:45 am »

I'm gonna get the review copy built & review written this weekend, hopefully. 3 exams to go!  Cheesy

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 11:02:43 am »

Does that mean you'll be on your summer holidays soon? I'm very jealous!
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 08:14:25 pm »

As of today, in fact!

And work has begunn!  Grin

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2010, 09:46:42 am »

Sorry for doublepost, but what are the requirements for building the tower in such a way that it will work with the bridge?

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 07:47:39 pm »

Jubal - the bridge will locate with the deck aligned to either the third or fourth floors of the tower. You need the space (1/6 of the circumference) on that floor to be clear of any components as you will need to put a door there. The space immediately below the doorway to the bride also needs to be clear. The bridge WILL go over any elements you have on the ground floor (like the main door ot the lean-to) so no worried there.

Before the bridge is released, I will be altering the structure slightly so that a connector piece with a square end is glued to the tower and then the bridge attaches to that using magnets. That way with different 'connector' pieces you can assemble to bridge (or the stockade walls) to any of the buildings.

Does that make sense?

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: