The World Of Twilight
April 18, 2024, 07:21:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Create your own Empire clan!  (Read 45224 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 04:57:41 pm »

I've moved a couple of interesting clan concepts into the sub-forum, so go and have a look there  Smiley
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 05:22:34 pm »

I take it the Empire stretches beyond the central region. I fancy having a bash at the city/town to the west of Galm, north of the Naralon Forest, is that still part of the Empire?

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 05:30:36 pm »

Yes it is part of the empire. I have plans for that region, but some more inspiration would be great! It's kinda cold up there, but they are a hardy folk who are generally rather large in stature (and don't get on too well with the shorter Dhogu who live in (or pass through) the nearby regions and who have historically been a bit of a nuisance).
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 05:41:42 pm »

Interesting...I have a few questions to pester you with...

On Brandlin's border map I assume the dotted lines are sea ways. If so I assume they trade with the isle to the west; are they Fubarnii as well?

Do the Delgon travel over that way at all? I assume they do.

That's it for now but I'm sure I will have more.

HN

Is the dotted line to Galm an under ground tunnel route?

Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 08:09:02 pm »

I'm quite keen to create a clan, if you're still doing that, but finding it difficult working out what areas are taken...  Is the town named Genera on Brandlins map already under development? Kinda interested in doing a wastes clan - the limits the environment would put on their development, plus the serious devanu threat could be interesting to play with...
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 10:11:21 pm »

Claim a town and start creating... If I like it I'll keep it and these it into the history. If not I'll suggest ideas, or move it! I dont think anybody has played with genera, but that sort of location would be plentiful  Smiley

Sea ways are uncertain at the moment. Alan added them, but I'm not certain how much they are used. Not sure what the dotted line was... Not intended as a tunnel though...

It is safe to assume that most intelligent life on anyaral is fubarnii in origin. The Delgon have never travelled so far, except during the recent travels of their priests.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 10:15:00 pm »

Cool. Cheers Mike, I might put some notes and ideas together then post them for your perusal. Then can fill them out after any changes or suggestions.

HN
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 08:20:44 am »

Sorry for the double post but I have come up with more questions...

You mention its cold up that way...is that Scottish Highlands kinda temps? Is the lay of the land much the same or more rugged?

The Naralon Forest, is that mainly made up of Bren, Gerilon and the redwood-type trees?

Hopefully I will have time to jot down some things tonight and post them up. I might start a new thread as well, hmm...

Cheers

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 08:57:14 am »

Probably Norway type environment - it's coastal, on a large continent and stretches a long way. The southern areas close to Naralon would be closer to Scottish highland type temperatures. I would expect it to be fairly rugged as that is a large volcanic region (at least historically).

The trees would be more varied than that and I'll have to check. I would expect some of those though, but not sure what the forest would be like at its northern border.

Certainly start a new thread in the subforum!
Grimmtooth
Jenta

Eat what can be eaten

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2011, 02:30:29 pm »

Im thinking all those fubarnii are too many but I like the theme, as spartans are well know for their savagery

when met outside their city , and metal work produced within its walls is unrivalled.

Of course they fight on foot so knights might be a little out of place ?  Sad
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2011, 09:05:59 pm »

Loving all the clan posts that have cropped up. Not had time to read them carefully yet, so apologies for the lack of comments so far! Keep it up though  Smiley
lightderakeer
Jenta

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2011, 02:03:01 pm »

about a hundred miles south of genera are a small cluster of villages. these are the dwellings of the crysisari, a hunter gatherer dessert clan. the crysisari cannot find it possible to support themselves in the harsh conditions of the argoran wasteland, and as such are dependant on the traders that pass that way.
the traders themselves are fond of the crysisari, because they can trade for the purple marble like stones found in the areas where the clansmen live. these are treasured by the nobility of the central empire, and will fetch a high price in gar loren. this relationship has marked the crysisari villages on the map for trader caravans passing through to genera.
a high level of friendly competition is encouraged between the villages, each trying to grab the traders attention. although this can sometimes lead to fights between village members who are sure they "saw it first" , the militia are quick to break up any sort of trouble they come across.
the chief of the clan is a young kopa by the name of gehraald. he has only just been appointed as the cheif, and has been quick to seal deals with the Empire Consortium of Traders, supplying him and his clan with food and tools in exchange for vast quantities of the stones, which he sees as a waste of time. since he has come into power, the crysisari have found them selves in good fortune, and the emperor has even made a state visit, presenting gehraald with a " grand token of respect for services to the empire". what he meant was, " a wooden stick ", but beggars cant be choosers.
the knight contingent in the area is high, because the emperor wants to keep the stones safe from devanu attacks, wich are regular in the area.
the crysisari usually wear white to keep off the hot angoran sun. they make bandages from reeds that are found in clumps, wouch are picked and pressed into cloth. they then dye these long, stringy strips with white, and wrap them around the body. the wear belan leather strips on their feet to protect them from the scorched earth. the weapon of choice for the miltia is the axe.

hope this is all okay!  Smiley
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2011, 02:29:54 pm »

Looks good Derakeer. Are you planing on starting your own thread for the clan?

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2011, 03:09:05 pm »

I like the idea of the villages all trying to get the traders attention Cheesy If you feel like fleshing it out more post it on the "clans of the empire section"
keep up the good work Cheesy

lightderakeer
Jenta

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2011, 08:23:46 pm »

I like the idea of the villages all trying to get the traders attention Cheesy If you feel like fleshing it out more post it on the "clans of the empire section"
keep up the good work Cheesy
hee pride  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: