The World Of Twilight
April 23, 2024, 07:57:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 6512 times)
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« on: June 12, 2011, 08:49:22 am »

Rather self evident that I am new to Twilight by posting here, thought best I say Hi than pop up in a random thread. Smiley

I've been keeping an eye on Twilight since inception and announcements via Hasslefree and FoD. Curious figures and seemingly innocent realm. Only recently have I picked up a couple of pieces (Traveller & Engineer) to tinker with and paint up.

I've been a miniature hobbyist for awhile; in the last year wandering from predominantly GW products to sourcing old figures from when I was a kid, painting those up and also checking out many other ranges than I have before. I like the expanding, open ended aspect of Twilight and look forward to running mad ideas past the forum folk, I like to convert & modifiy kits so I chose an Engineer for my avatar. I intend to draw one up shortly so as to use more original art.

(Waves from atop his bored Enuk)

- T.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 10:31:11 am »

Hi Taelan!
Welcome to the forum - you sound like you will fit right in  Smiley
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 10:58:48 am »

Welcome!

HN
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 10:04:50 pm »

Welcome to the forum - you sound like you will fit right in  Smiley

that sounds like it might be an insult!

hi though..welcome!

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 10:31:47 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 03:11:00 am »

Thanks all. Smiley

Can't wait for my two models to arrive frankly, have a couple of fun ideas for the Engineer.

Quick query though, after scanning through the forums last two nights; has there ever been Boats/Rafts posted as sketches on the forums? I know you discussed it in a Ramblings at one stage and the general distaste for water the locals have.

If nothing, time for me to whip out the pencils and get to drawing plans Cheesy

- Taelan.

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 08:08:23 am »

I've spoken to mike a couple of times regarding boats, because I'd like to make a kit for them. Laser cut styrene planking souls allow a great realistic hull shape.

However mike is adamant that fubarnii only have rafts and such like. I believe these are more than just logs tied together but they fall short of sleek hydrodynamic hulls with complex sails and rigging. They must be competent at it however as they made a whole city float once!

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 08:28:29 am »

I certainly wouldnt say adamant - or maybe I've mellowed on the topic over the years.
I've been thinking about fubarnii boats a fair bit recently (particularly along the western coast) but I haven't put pencil to paper yet. Any ideas or inspiration would go down well  Smiley
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 04:20:40 pm »

welcome aboard! Cheesy
enjoying your posts so far Smiley

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 06:53:05 am »

Well, found an Engineer and a Trader in my post box today. Looking a little confused as to where they were. Terribly cute lil'guys.

Had hoped they would arrive a week ago, but them's the breaks. Time to hit the painting bench! Smiley

- T.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: