The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 03:08:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mrs Carcharoth's building  (Read 6734 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: June 12, 2011, 12:21:13 pm »

My lovely wife purchased one of Alan's Benan watchtowers at Salute and has been sloowly working on it. Alan was kind enough to give her some extra bits so she could make a symmetrical tower. She built up the half-timbering over the wall ends to make it more standalone. The roof is built, but she hasn't added pillars yet. She's going to add windows to the top story, as well as some fine texturing before she paints it. I hope you like!

Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 01:40:00 pm »

Mmmmmmmmmmm... phish food...  Smiley

Looking good so far
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 03:18:45 pm »

looks cool so far. Good idea to make it symmetrical.

HN
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 05:15:12 pm »

glad to see this taking shape.

How did the wooden planked edging of the tower deck go? I think thats an area I can tighten up on the tolerances to get a better fit.

I like what you've donw with the beam work on the ends to get a fully 3D effect. Clearly this is a problem if you want to join the watchtower together with walls but as a stand alone piece looks good. If you'd let me know i could have sent you styrene pieces for this though :p

I like that cat litter effect you have going on there too Smiley

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 07:24:20 pm »

Nice. I love the options a Brandlin kit gives one. In fact, my standard build Haft-Oob has been sitting on my work bench for weeks. I should I'll post up pics, and that'll motivate me to finish it!
Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 02:09:50 pm »

This looks nice, can't wait to see it painted.  Kinda of funny because I had similar idea about making the tower stand alone outpost as well. 

Now just need to order some kits, maybe next month  Smiley
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 08:40:28 am »

Liking the gravel base to the tower, very Roman fort styling. Look forward to the eventual paint work! Smiley

- T.

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 05:51:16 pm »

Bump

Huh

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 04:46:55 pm »

It got a good basecoat, before the project stalled again... It is getting there though  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: