The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 03:34:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maps  (Read 8590 times)
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« on: May 07, 2010, 02:07:33 am »

A little bit of wallpaper for the new forum.

click on the maps to see MUCH larger versions.

These remain WIP, lots of towns and features need naming and boundaries to be set etc.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Lord of Wormwood
Jenta

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 01:51:03 pm »

Was these done in Campaign Cartographer? They are mighty impressive.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 02:03:20 pm »

Thank you Lord Wormwood.

Yes they were. They've been around about 9 months but I guess they got buried under the pile of other posts on the FoD. They're on my blog too... link in sig, click the MAP label.

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 10:12:43 am »

There was a lot of discussion last year to try and work out the details of the map. It got shelved for a while as Alan and I shifted onto other projects, but we will get back to it some time soon and expand on the detail. I'm particularly interested in looking at the regions around Delgon!
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 03:54:06 pm »

Rather than try and get all the details across the continent done, why not focus on a region and add some place names, a regional map and some background. Good excuse to expand the World, without the size of the task being too great.

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 05:30:58 pm »

and this was as far as we got with the borders.

click the map for a MUCH bigger view...

Mike devised the map and had the boundaries marked on. I then put in roads and rivers and some of the boundaries were modified to follow those features - seemed sensible.

the pink borders outline each of the 37 clan areas and were intended just as markers for now. I was going to put in the coloured shaded borders that you see on the 4 main regions but mike and I never fully agreed on how to do it or whether we were putting too much detail into the same map. So i never finished the set up.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 11:06:25 am »

Useful map Brandlin, thanks for sharing it  Smiley

It provides good guidance, but the cartographers of Anyaral are a bit haphazard (generally through bad guidance...) and the map is still being refined, particularly when it comes to precise borders.

The Central Empire is a term that covers a much smaller region than you've marked - probably just those clans that directly connect to Gar Loren. Donreh also falls within the Empire and the boundaries of Delgon are perhaps a bit to far south at the moment. Majorn Anis is officially part of the Empire since it was rediscovered (the occupants crash landed there many years ago, but never realised they were still on the same continent - Fubarnii do not generally make good seafarers).
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 12:02:16 pm »

Is Peygarl the Delgon capital, then?

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 02:53:05 pm »

Useful map Brandlin, thanks for sharing it  Smiley

It provides good guidance, but the cartographers of Anyaral are a bit haphazard (generally through bad guidance...) and the map is still being refined, particularly when it comes to precise borders.

The Central Empire is a term that covers a much smaller region than you've marked - probably just those clans that directly connect to Gar Loren. Donreh also falls within the Empire and the boundaries of Delgon are perhaps a bit to far south at the moment. Majorn Anis is officially part of the Empire since it was rediscovered (the occupants crash landed there many years ago, but never realised they were still on the same continent - Fubarnii do not generally make good seafarers).

We should probably put our heads together for an hour on the phone and sort a large number of issues on the map and put them to bed - then i can give you an update... rather than trying to take a lot of small updates

Bethar
Administrator
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 05:47:10 pm »

I actually worked out my own map, and it is surprisingly similar in some aspects - can I send it to you both for comparison?  I have the Casani territories down as two administrative districts like I mentioned on the Casani thread, and have the lakes as a separate area.
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 06:55:30 pm »

please do.

as i said the borders were my guess based on the roads and rivers i added that weren't on the original.

I'm just a humble cartographer... not a mover of mountains

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: