The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 10:47:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight Cards - Devanu  (Read 6651 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: June 05, 2010, 10:22:19 am »

Hey all,

I showed a couple of these cards last week, but I thought I'd share the other ones I'd been working on. My vague plan is to get a set of cards printed for myself at some point. I may well offer to get a couple of extra sets printed at the same time if anybody wants them.
I've added a couple of experimental rules there as well for a couple of beasthandler type models, so let me know what you think!

23 Jan 2011: Updates applied to Jenta Warrior, and Jenta Spear added.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 07:26:01 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 12:40:50 pm »

I like those   Grin
The Beastmaster looks pretty cool, not too sure about the jenta controlling beasties though  Tongue

p.s I would of course like a set of cards, very good for running demos  Grin

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 01:56:59 pm »

The thought on the jenta beast handler was to allow the devanu player to have a relatively cheap beast handler, particularly for using creatures like kosok that don't have 'pack'. It opens up a few more interesting forces for smaller games, and for slightly larger games it means you can take different Sempa without worrying about controlling beasts.
I think it also fits quite nicely thematically - young jenta who distance themselves slightly from their siblings, instead befriending the hunting beasts.
Bethar
Administrator
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 08:48:57 pm »

I wondered about it at first, but there's no reason why the Devanu wouldn't start training the young ones to work with animals.  If the life stages are similar to Fubarnii, it would be the same as having an Apprentice, a young teenager in human terms rather than a tot, but still pre-adult.
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 09:06:34 pm »

With those rules I can't the point in the standard Sempa; the beastmaster has much better activation abilities and also has pack hunter and charge, which are muuuch more powerful between them than assassinate.

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 10:34:21 pm »

These are only playtest rules at the moment, so plenty of time to adjust things. Do note that the sempa beastmaster only has 4 CS. Without some support she'll struggle, whereas the standard sempa can manage perfectly well on her own. I could be tempted to drop feint from the beastmaster, but I'm not convinced she completely outclasses the standard version just yet.

I think that the standard Sempa should possibly have Beast Handler rather than Pack as a standard ability in order to make her the more flexible character she is meant to be.

I've just noticed the Jenta should be 50pts rather than 75pts.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 07:29:32 pm »

I've wanted to give the Devanu some ranged attacks for a while now. As such, I've been playing around with a young Devanu carrying throwing spears - older Devanu would look down on the approach, but grudgingly agree that it can be useful. The Jenta Spear above is my first version of this character, and should open up some more options for your hunting party! Hopefully I can get this guy sculpted and released some time soon...
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 07:37:21 pm »

Should it say "the first" rather than "the next"?

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 12:05:02 pm »

Sorry Jubal, I missed your question somehow!
He only gets to throw one spear, so I think that 'the next' is correct. A 'better' spear thrower may at some point have a skill that allows him to throw an additional spear, and thus he might want to use that skill on the second spear.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: