The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 08:16:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creature comp ideas - Bergilii and Kerishak  (Read 4781 times)
Bergil
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:09:13 pm »

I said I would have a go at trying to add to the Twilight world, and so I shall!

I have no names for these creatures as I don't think I know the Twilight world well enough to come up with a suitable name.

The guy on the top left comes from a race of simple and near docile "farmers" These creatures lived far away from the turmoil of the beginnings of the Empire made of former slaves, knowing and caring little of their trials. They stand two or three times higher than a citizen of the Empire. These gentle giants maintained and cared for the lands they lived in, being able to eat anything plant based they would gently and almost carefree take care of their lands, ensuring their environment looked pleasing and tasted good!

These creatures also made simple clothing from fibers produced by the varied plant life they nurtured, using different varieties for different uses depending on the fibers properties. These creatures also carry simple tools, a carved stone ring firmly attached to a strong and durable tree trunk. These tools are family heirlooms, handed down from ancestor to offspring following old age or in some cases death. The trunks of these tools have every owners name carved on them, and any notable occurrences that happened throughout the owner’s existence. Because of the history and knowledge these tool contain they are the most valuable thing available to these creatures.

Following the fall of the Devanu civilization many Devanu dispersed to various lands, including those of these peace loving farmers of nature. Because of their dispersed nature the Devanu quickly decimated these creatures population; this is recorded on all tools still carried by this creature’s kind. Naturally those that could still flee did, some ending their travels in the lands of the Empire. Where many resettled within the empires borders as farmers and due to their size and strength excellent laborers where heavy loads where an issue.

The second creature also has no name.... That is up to you....

It's a three legged beast, with one built heavily into its lower jaw. I wanted to emphasize that this creature was based primarily around eating and little else. The spines on its back are there not for defense or attack, but actually to crush any prey it may have slain. There is no real digestive tract to speak of in this creature so it literally rolls over its victims crushing and splintering them until they are an unrecognizable pulp! The greatly aids this predators digestion of its victims.

And don't let its three legged ness appearance let you think it's slow... Granted it mostly sits there still, waiting for something foolish enough to come by, but get too close and it'll come after you faster than a starving Devanu.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 06:56:10 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
Bergil
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 02:14:27 pm »

I forgot to say the "tool" is often used for grinding up seeds and such ready for eating!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 03:56:01 pm »

Fantastic designs there - some innovative ideas and interesting thoughts on the cultures.

I love the look and feel of the bipeds, but I'm very wary of adding new sentient species to Anyaral - with the three species already I don't want the place getting over-crowded! That doesn't stop your ideas influencing a new subspecies of Fubarnii (they are a very genetically varied species) so that's not too much of a problem  Grin

Your predator looks like a more unpleasant relative of the Grishak!
Bergil
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 09:29:32 am »

Glad you at least liked the bipeds!

For me they weren’t so much a new race! I wanted them to look a little like the Fubarnii.

But given their history there aren’t all that many left, and certainly in gaming terms you’d never take more than one as they are fairly large models.
They wouldn’t be particularly fancy in combat what with being peace loving creatures but due to their size they could certainly take a few hits. Just thought something like that might make for more variation in a game.
I suppose when it comes down to it it’s like an ogre in the fubarnii world, just a bit of a hippie ogre :3 Roll Eyes

And nothing wrong with extremely unpleasant versions of slightly unpleasant things!  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: