The World Of Twilight
May 14, 2024, 02:03:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: A long journey.  (Read 102869 times)
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2011, 10:12:29 pm »

Cheers for the comments, though I'm pretty sure I'm not mental, just deadline challenged.

Today continued to be productive - yes, I've pretty much been painting with only a few 5 minute breaks since the last post. 20 of the 28 Knights are completely finished now, as are both Knights of Relan! The remaining 8 shields are all done, and the last 8 spear arms only need flesh and spear tips. 2 Knights are still forlornly only slightly past basecoated however, and the poor Jenta got absolutely no love, as he's still only vaguely started. On to the pics!

It should be reasonably clear that one of the Knights of Relan has had his head repositioned - a little bit of quick saw work, pinning and gap filling.

This means I now only have - flesh and spear tips on 6 Knights, 2 Knights and the Devanu Jenta left. I'm so close I can practically taste the end.

Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2011, 02:08:08 am »

That looks impressive.  Do all the knights have the new thicker spears?  I might need to rip the arms off of my 4 knights and switch them out for the thicker spears ones.

Also, any particular reason you paint the spear arm separate?
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2011, 08:52:08 am »

Thank you. They indeed all have the newer thicker spears, which I find much better - they barely bend, and even then only when I'm trying.

I painted the spear arms separately as I was changing them anyway, and it allowed me to easily reach the chest plate etc.

darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2011, 09:41:34 am »

Impressive sight!

Well done!
I need to get my backside back into Twilight.........  Sad

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2011, 12:36:06 pm »

Great work with the painting!
Make sure you get that spear thrower done - he'll be the only one there  Smiley

Welcome back dt, it's been a while! Are you going to drop by the stand tomorrow?
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2011, 12:50:11 pm »

Cheers for the comments everyone, and welcome back DT.

No worries Mike, last night after I posted I went and painted the Jenta's skin and basecoated everything else, so he's actually half done already. About to start painting now I've been back from work for about half an hour.

clam
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2011, 02:23:09 pm »

Fantastic sight. And a impressive looking force. Would like trying out Twilight at such a large scale, some day. But will take me years having something like this painted Smiley

My painting-blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2011, 02:29:34 pm »

Big Twilight games are certainly fun, and with mass activations remarkably quick. A 900 point game doesn't usually take me longer than 30 minutes.

Another update! The Jenta is done to placate Mike (and the Knights are getting there too). I'm aware my previous devanu have a very strong contrast in the skin whilst the official figures don't, so as this is going on show at Salute I tried a different approach to at least get it vaguely closer to the official Devanu scheme.

Also, since that's the last of the Devanu faction for Salute, here's an army shot -

It has -
Arak Katain.
Kopa.
Sempa Matriarch and Sempa Beast Handler (technically).
Jenta Hunter and Jenta Spear.
24 Grishak.

So that's a nice 1350 points - 80 short of the Delgon, but I'm pretty sure it'd give them a darn good run for their money.

Those knights beckon once more, so another update should appear in several hours.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2011, 03:38:32 pm »

That's the first jenta spear I've seen - Thank you Chris!  Smiley
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2011, 06:47:41 pm »

No problem Mike.

Finally, FINALLY finished everything. The flesh and small details on the last 8 knights seemed to take a long, long time. However, it's a great feeling to have it all done. Since the only thing new about the knights is another 2 flesh tones, instead I just took an overall shot of the force as it stands -

This one has -
Danomar with 2 Knights of Relan.
4 Knight 'captains' with 24 Knights.
Elder.

Not counting the Elder, that's 1230 points of Knights. The smallest faction of the three, but hey, it's a cavalry force.

That makes a total of 4020 points marching off to Salute to generally look alright en masse! To finish off this blitz of painting, here's a mass army shot from above -

Phew.... Already looking forward to next year!

clam
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2011, 10:50:46 pm »

Awesome - and what a fantastic job, GecKilian.

Happy gaming.

No don't you drop them Wink

My painting-blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2011, 10:59:36 pm »

That's an immense force. I can only wonder where do you go from here...

HN
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2011, 09:57:07 pm »

Great stuff mate!

After seeing the cavalry force at Salute....I want one too  Tongue

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2011, 10:35:50 pm »

Thanks everyone, glad they're well received. The cavalry force is certainly going to expand somewhat, there's another 6 Knights of Relan to paint at some point.

The next project however is going to be my trader faction, comprised of Herders and Traders, with Baruks, Enuks and a Belan. Should be interesting!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2011, 10:22:23 pm »

Over a week since the last painted figs, blimey. That went by quicker than expected.

I figured I'd get back in to painting with something simpler than 3 large armies, so I went ahead and painted the 3 Skirrats and 2 Graku -

Reasonably pleased with the patterning on both - the Graku stand out nicely. Not overly sure on what to paint next, but probably herders of some kind.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: