The World Of Twilight
April 28, 2024, 07:54:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: A long journey.  (Read 102402 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 07:00:55 pm »

Is "crap, that's a lot of Grishak" a reasonable response?  Wink
Yes.
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2011, 11:57:53 pm »

Is "crap, that's a lot of Grishak" a reasonable response?  Wink

its more polite than i was going to say!

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2011, 12:41:50 am »

Yes, 24 Grishak is somewhat of a lot, but they're pretty much required to balance out all the KalMalog/Joran/Derak I have on my side. They're an absolute terror....

I managed to get some painting done today also - those 7 knights have had more progress. There are now 2 that are actually finished, and 5 more than only need the Fubarnii flesh painting (and weapons on a couple, depending on arm swaps). I'll be leaving the flesh on the rest for a while, as I intend to have different coloured Enuks per painting batch, and then mix them all to batch the riders, which'll allow for variety in skin tones across all of them.

I also managed to prepare and base another 6 figures, meaning I still have 41 figures and 33 various shields to finish by Salute, not counting the flesh on those 5 Knights.... This is getting somewhat worrying now, so it looks like some long painting sessions ahead. On the plus side, I've got more Twilight stuff painted in the last week than I have since Salute 2008.

Finally, just for something different to paint, I quickly painted the shield for the KalJoran'Malog -

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2011, 06:52:51 am »

Wow, you have been productive. I'm liking the knights, especially the flesh tones on the two you've finished.

I take it these are for a big demo game at Salute?

HN
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2011, 02:24:54 pm »

Cheers, I was quite undecided on the green knight's flesh, since it seemed a tad out of place after all the dark grey, brown and black Delgon.

Nothing in this thread is for a demo game that I'm aware of, but with luck they'll be viewable at Salute regardless.

Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2011, 04:27:03 pm »

with luck they'll be viewable at Salute regardless.

Good, good. I'd like to see them up close and personal Smiley
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2011, 12:16:44 am »

Cheers, that's good to hear, if a little worrying considering up close you can see every flaw.

As I had the day off, I spent a good chunk of it painting, allowing me to get the armour finished on 4 more Knights, finish the red armour on Danomar as well as basecoat the cream armour on him as well as continue a bit more on the big guy. I also basecoated yet another figure but, more importantly, I finished off another 7!

Here's 5 more KalDerak's finished, as well as 2 prized Kalgush (one with a cut down mask so he looks a bit different) -

Tomorrow I'll aim to finish off those 4 Knights after work, as well as Danomar and hopefully get a couple of others started. Down to only 7 painting days left...

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2011, 06:56:26 am »

These guys look good. I like the cut down mask idea, simple but effective. Something else you try if you plan on having any more is a singed bit of long grass to help make them look different.

HN

P.S. You are a painting machine!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2011, 12:14:12 pm »

More good work - looking forward to seeing the forces at Salute!
I'm sure we can find an excuse to play a game using one of Chris's forces during the day.

I've not really shown them before before, but if you look at the knights you can see that Chris has used the new heavier spears. They look a bit less elegant than the original versions, but have the advantage of being a lot less bendy! If anybody is buying new Knights then I'm happy to swap over the spears.

The cut-off KalGush looks kinda cute...  Smiley
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2011, 10:17:12 pm »

if a little worrying considering up close you can see every flaw.

I'll tell you a secret... that's more or less how I fell every time I take photoes of the studio stuff. And then again when I post them to Mike. Don't tell anyone tho Wink

(one [Kalgush] with a cut down mask so he looks a bit different)

Genius, I tells ya!

He looks like he'd fit in really well if the Quar too like that. The head that is

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 10:22:24 pm »

Heh, true, true. Oddly enough about the Quar comment, that was what I first thought of when I saw them.

I also managed to get more painting done today, though I did slack a bit - 4 more Knights have everything but spear arms and rider flesh done (to be batched later when more Enuks are painted in different shades), and Danomar is finished, finally. One of the previous knights are shown with the 4 to show the different Enuk colours.

That leaves about 29 full figures, the flesh of 9 knights and 33 shields to go. Jeebus.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2011, 10:35:59 pm »

I like what you've done with danomar's armour! His helmet works well as well, and interesting to see some really dark fubarnii.
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2011, 10:36:51 pm »

Nice

And excellent work on Danomar's armour. I initially went for the "second colour" on the filigree but the blue I had gone for didn't work so it got repainted red and highlited instead. The bone you have chosen workd much better. Good job
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2011, 10:38:15 pm »

Cheers for the comments. I hasten to add Mike that none of those pictured riders have the flesh painted - they'll definitely not be black, heh. Only the green flesh and orange flesh knights are actually done, as is Danomar.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2011, 11:18:00 pm »

A small addemdum - just to wind down from painting today I painted and attached a single knight shield, on the Captain -

I reckon the newer shields give the knights more visual impact than the original ones. Painting them all then removing them from the sprue to then touch up the bottom is going to be fun though...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: