The World Of Twilight
April 27, 2024, 09:15:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike's blog  (Read 198591 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2011, 02:32:58 pm »

Pleased to hear that the employment status is heading for firmer ground by the sounds of it & I look forward to whatever may come of the future spare time!  Grin

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #196 on: November 11, 2011, 07:36:45 pm »

As of this evening I appear to be on gardening leave - my boss has kindly disabled all access to work and spent his Friday evening remote wiping my blackberry... It is nice to get more confirmation that I've made the right decision to leave!

The relevance of this is that I should actually have some free time over the next few weeks. While Jules is already lining up some actual gardening jobs, I'm more interested in the Twilight related jobs  Grin
First up I've got a new master mould to finish. Currently it holds:
3 dhogu heads (although I'm not too happy with one of them)
2 dhogu bow arms (I need to add another empty right hand)
1 uber-grishak
1 devanu beasthandler
1 civilian with hammer and chisel
Bits and pieces from Mark - instruments etc.
2 converted militia -simple mods, but should make for a slightly more varied unit.

There are two priests close to completion, although I'm struggling with what to put in the NuraKira's right hand... His left is pointing, but I'm not sure what to do with the right. The staff is earned once a Priest is elevated up to NuraSen status. I was vaguely considering a small knife, but I'm not sure. NuraSen Gohral is a little older and more wizened than I originally imagined him, but a little old priest wandered into my head and needed sculpting. Seen as NuraSen Gohral needs a model, I think it must be him. I'm looking forward to sculpting two big bodyguards (by Fubarnii standards) to go with him, but they won't be on this mould.

I think that is it for the moment. I might add some other bits if I get the chance and can fit them on!

Mike
Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #197 on: November 11, 2011, 08:06:13 pm »

Sorry to hear about that, but excited to see what's in store for Twilight.  Sooooo, when are those pics going up? Wink
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2011, 09:03:36 pm »

Uber-Grishak and Devanu Beasthandler...ooo?

HN
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2011, 09:25:46 pm »

The list of stuff to own gets even bigger. I'm very much interested in the Uber-Grishak... those Grishak missiles need a bigger missile to lead them.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2011, 09:32:21 pm »

perhaps the priest could be holding a scroll, book, or a censor. anything priestly :-P
in looking forward to some new militia models. will they be available seperatly? i could do with more militia.
depending on how these devanu look i might be tempted into expanding on my predator friends.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2011, 12:11:28 pm »

The Uber-grishak are the kopa. They are substantially larger than the sempa you've seen previously, but unlike the Devanu there is no limit to the number of grishak kopa you can have. I'm not yet sure what exactly the rules will look like, but expect medium sized beasts that play quite differently to the grishak missiles.

I'll see if I can take some quick pics. The jenta is already cut up and sprued, but the others might work...

I'll do the new militia separately initially, then work them in with the standard units. I've also got thicker spears for them now - it might actually be a matter of taste whether you prefer the more refined thinner spears or the thicker ones so it'll be interesting to see what you think.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2011, 01:51:21 pm »

Very quick photos, but thought you might like to see.
First up, the ubergrishak/grishak kopa. Big and spikey.

Next we have an early WIP of the priests. To the left is NuraSen Gohral, to the right is a NuraKira, issuing orders to the troops.

Let me know what you think...
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2011, 04:54:45 pm »

Ooo new stuff. I like the extra bulk for the Grishak Kopa, big but not too big. The priests are looking very cool too. After looking at the sculpt I think the NuraKira needs a knife, perhaps something a bit more ornamental than battle-practical. Gohral looks very much weighed down by the years, is she finished now? It's a bit difficult to make out the detail with the smallish pics.

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2011, 06:00:41 pm »

Really into that big grishak

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2011, 07:46:56 pm »

Gohral is nowhere near done. And I'm fairly he's a he... I'm trying to decide whether his eyes are visible or hidden. His hood will probably be back, and he'll be wearing the usual priest mask.

Nice thought on the ornate blade. It would be in keeping with the more military nature of the 'Kira.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2011, 10:30:24 pm »

Oops...he. I hope the striders won't be after me.

A bit of a squinty eyed Fubarnii; very wizened.

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2011, 12:36:29 pm »

*releases striders*  Tongue

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2011, 05:54:07 pm »

Don't worry hairy Norseman, striders are about as scary as jellyfish on top of a mountain. Their mechanical legs will never work!

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2011, 07:00:32 pm »

Mwa ha, har...safe I am. ;P
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: