The World Of Twilight
April 23, 2024, 11:08:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Completed Fubarnii force including Knights! (Pic heavy)  (Read 8127 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« on: July 04, 2011, 09:02:13 pm »

Well the starter force is finally done! and I have already started the Grishaks. Anyway I hope you enjoy my labour of twilight love :3

Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 09:27:04 pm »

Love 'em! The contrast between the armour and the spears is really eye-catching as is the use of the gold. I particularly like how the white armour gives the knight captain the imperious demeanour he should have. Very characterful.

Paint more!

KDLynch
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 09:32:04 pm »

I have to agree with Pyre about the white armour on the knight captain. Cheesy  Very nice work, Megatron!

"what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 10:05:52 pm »

A lovely cohesive force you have there Megatron! I too like the use of the white contrast for the knight captain.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 10:33:36 pm »

I was going to comment on the captain, but it would seem a tad superfluous!

Smiley
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 10:51:27 pm »

Thanks guys! I wish I had done all my militia white now!
But i have some pans for a Enipel Honour guard that will have white armour so all's good!
I painted the captain differently to distinguish his rank by the wealth of his equipment. That's why his spear is a different colour Cheesy I imagine it was a gift from the Lanak made from the wood of the great tree itself. 

ContrapuntalAnt
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 11:08:38 pm »

And so the compliments continue apace: the knight captain is wonderful! The force in general is excellent; I do like cohesive forces with a clear colour scheme. I like your choice of dark magenta for the main colour, it's not one which is often chosen. It goes well with the off-white of the knight captain too.

What colours are you using for your Grishak?

"All I’m saying is sometimes eating a walnut is preferable to getting hacked to death or set on fire during dinner."
- Loralai, Gilmore Girls
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 07:21:58 am »

The knight captain looks good because of the way he contrasts with the red of the force - if they were all White then it wouldn't work as well.
An honour guard would work nicely in the same scheme as well. Ideally you would sculpt plumes onto their helmets...
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 10:07:15 am »

Ideally you would sculpt plumes onto their helmets...

Thats a good point about the Colours mike!
and I Sure am giving them plumes! and new weapons too! and cloaks Cheesy

For the Grishaks im doing them a green that goes to grey in the legs and face! its coming along nicely but I probably wont get much work done on it until next weekend.

Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 09:25:23 am »

What a great idea.

First thing I thought of is the scene in the Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra movie, when Richard Burton is Antony and he's surrounded by Octavian's cavalry, taunts them to kill him, but they refuse.

So what would a Fubarnii version of the name Antony be?  Grin
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 10:52:27 am »

What a great pic! I haven't seen the film myself but I think Anthony would capture the arrogant and Nobel feel of the knights Cheesy
I'm also curious as to a fubarnii version of the name Anthony

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 11:35:49 am »

An'Thonai maybe?

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 11:45:02 am »

I tend to avoid 's in Fubarnii names, but that's a matter of taste. Ahnto Neh or Ahn Toneh could work...

The gold on white with red trim does fit with that image of Antony, even if the red is somewhat different.
Grimmtooth
Jenta

Eat what can be eaten

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 02:20:31 pm »

Nice to see a full set the leader is particularly impresive/a real run for the money,

im going around for another mossey !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: