The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 08:37:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Command Range question  (Read 3805 times)
Araekyus
Hatchling

« on: October 26, 2011, 07:36:29 pm »

I'm attempting to absorb the red book as much as possible until my hard copy and minis make it to me and i found something a tad confusing (or maybe i missed it)

each unit lists a command range, yet most of the units do not have an ability to use this range For example, an Enuk KC has the 'Captain' ability so he can use his command range to activate troops within it. An Enuk Knight lists a command range, but lacks an ability that uses it. So my question basically is it an unused stat only to be used by certain models (perhaps to be used/needed in future rules), or does this work as a unit coherency to other models?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:51:35 pm by Araekyus » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 09:29:23 pm »

It's an unused stat for most models - I've included it as future-proofing for abilities. For example, for the Delgon the soldiers have an unused command stat, but need it when the priest activates them using Great Authority. Hope that helps!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:50:55 pm »

That's right most games will give models complete stats even if they can't use them. Warmachine is a prime example of this

Araekyus
Hatchling

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 03:42:29 pm »

ok good, just wanted to make sure heh. thanks all.

the missus and i will be getting our starter set soon, so more questions will likely come up soon Smiley
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 11:42:01 am »

excellent! keep us updated on what your feedback is :-) and dont forget to post your painted minis up as well

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: