The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:32:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Color Warz: A game of tactics, wits and ... well ... paintball  (Read 17364 times)
Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« on: November 10, 2011, 09:09:12 am »

About 2 weeks ago Mike sent me a link to these chaps. I liked them so much I got in contact with the creators and lo and behold I'm now the first stockist of Color Warz products outside of France, thanks to Fabien and Mike.

It's a skirmish board game needing 6 or 8 miniatures depending on the number of players. Think fantasy paintball and you're not too far off the spirit of the game. It's scheduled for release in April 2012 in both French and English. They have already released their first set of resin miniatures which are just breathtaking seen up close.

The English beta rules for the game can be found Here. I thought that a link to the google translate of the game site would be handy too, it's in delightful Franglais.

These guys have big plans for 2012. Keep an eye on them...

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 04:53:34 pm »

Interesting sculpts, I particularly like the chap with the white face. A strange and simple idea, will have to have a butchers at the rules.

HN
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 02:06:22 pm »

I'll be grabbing a set on my next go-round with you!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 12:37:41 am »

Im just not sure about this... be interesting to read some reviews once its all out etc                                           

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 04:51:41 am »

Marvellously executed pieces. I like the concept, and as ever, the wonders of the internuts abound (misspelled on purpose), a few comments began a race argument that this promotes bigotry.  Roll Eyes

Obviously every paintball player I know is a raving racist, and they use guns!  Shocked

Insanity aside, I await the full range.

Cheesy

Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 12:19:38 pm »

I've written up a short review of the kit. it can be found Here

I'm hoping that series two will be out in the new year. It will have the advanced combatants; knocker, ranger and mystic together with the Matriarch.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 02:28:10 pm »

Neat review - certainly a tempting set!
KDLynch
Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 05:11:41 pm »

aye, very tempting indeed.  are they planning to release blisters at some point?  given that the different colour factions have different amount of various warrior figs, blisters would be nice to have to finish up the box set.

"what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 05:24:17 pm »

Interesting rules! A strange way of selling them given the rules, each colour needs a different mix of player types, so this set would only do if you wanted to play RED.  I love the models though, would be tempted if I wasn't so busy (and didn't have a 4 year painting backlog)

Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 05:38:34 pm »

Yeah, it would make sense to have at least the basic combatants as singles. That said, if you get series 1 and 2 you can play any faction by swapping out your one of your doubled combatants with an advanced one.

Interesting rules! A strange way of selling them given the rules, each colour needs a different mix of player types, so this set would only do if you wanted to play RED.  I love the models though, would be tempted if I wasn't so busy (and didn't have a 4 year painting backlog)

By my rekoning this set lets you play Green, Orange & Purple [edit: in a 3-4 player game!]. You're right on the disconnect though, it's odd...

I'm hoping they do the black faction. the sketches and fluff for them are awesome.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:47:26 pm by Pyre » Logged

KDLynch
Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 05:47:25 pm »

The INKd faction? hehe... or have I been playing too much deBlob2? lol

"what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 06:51:31 pm »

I finally sat down and read the rules and they look pretty good. I would be much more interested if the figures were pre-painted seeing as they can only be certain singular colours anyway.
Does anyone have any information about the board or if when the rules are released it will come in a big box set?

Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 05:50:09 pm »

Hey folks,

The chaps at FluoGames launched their forum today... it's a bit lonely over here

@Megatron0: Yeah there will be a boxed game released. The details are here

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 08:36:17 pm »

i love that! any idea as to when it goes on sale

Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 12:32:17 pm »

Well we've finished the English copy edit for the game and Fabien has a tentative release date set for early April. I'm hoping to have a load of stock available at the Conpulsion convention in Edinburgh running from the 6-8th of April.

In other news the Second Series of MiniZ is released today and they look amazing... I'll provide an update on the availability of single miniz as soon as I can.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: