The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:33:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Soaring Kosok  (Read 4386 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: December 21, 2011, 09:38:04 pm »

I've been thinking a bit about the kosok recently. With the current rules I find it to be a bit of a second choice compared to the grishak. It can do an efficient job when it gets into the right position, but very often ends up getting taken out by a lucky slingshot, or charged by a random soldier. That doesn't feel right to me so I've been contemplating the additional ability:

Soar [A]: After Moving, this model may immediately 'Soar'. While Soaring, this model gains 'Agility' and may not engage or be engaged by a non-Soaring model.

Note that the Kosok would not be able to Soar if it had Charged.
It's a simple modification, but I think it would make a big difference to the effectiveness of the kosok. The kosok would be able to soar over the enemy, visible, but very hard to hit with ranged weapons. It could then select its targets more safely and swoop down to attack with its powerful charge. I would like to do rules for an engineer's blimp at some point, as that could open up some interesting scenarios...

What do you think?
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:57:18 pm »

I'm still not that ofay with the rules but it makes sense to me. I can see a Kosok swooping across the battlefield before diving for attack. I still need to grab me a Kosok and hunter...perhaps at Salute next year (too much to paint still and not sure I'm gunna get much time for that soon).

I dig the blimp idea too.

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 10:26:17 pm »

this reminds me a little of the old heroclix rule for flight. it sounds god so far! i will try answer playtest this over xmas

Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 11:40:05 pm »

Would they be able to soar if they were forced to move cautionously? Or are they already imune to that?  really need to play with them more to see how it would all work. Would be interesting if/when more flying models are avilable.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 01:14:54 pm »

I don't think that moving cautiously should prevent soaring.

For reference:

Charge [A]: After Moving, immediately fight a combat against an Adjacent model. Cast two additional Combat Stones. Neither side can benefit from support. This ability cannot be use if the model had to Move Cautiously.
Flit [C]: This model may move up to 3” in place of its combat action.
Evasive [T]: Each successful Oran cast by this model cancels two opposing Erac.
Flying [T]: This model may move over enemy models as long as it has sufficient movement. It may also move at full rate even if forced to move cautiously.

We'll try them out in the New Year once you've handed your thesis in  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: