The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 01:38:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Burning Brush: A Painting Contest  (Read 19998 times)
Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« on: April 26, 2012, 08:50:47 pm »

Pyre Studios is pleased to announce the first annual Burning Brush painting contest. This is an open contest with a combined £250 in prizes. It really only has two main requirements. Firstly the miniatures used must come from the game lines currently carried by Pyre Studios, including Twilight. Secondly is that “fire” must play some part in/with/on/near the composition. This can be anything from a cigar to a flamethrower or a logo to a flamejob.

Categories
1. Single miniature
This category covers a single miniature, of any scale, that can be mounted on a 25mm to 75mm base. This includes Warlands vehicles and larger kits.

2. Squads, Teams & Forces
This covers a cohesive unit or force of between 5 and 12 miniatures. Examples: A MERCS Squad, a force of Warlands vehicles, Elfball teams etc…

3. Diorama
Two or more miniatures arranged on a base to tell some sort of story. This can be as small or as large as you like.

How to Enter
• Register on the Pyre Studios forum
• Once the account has been activated post your entry with 1-4 decent quality images into the relevant category. For info on taking good quality pictures follow this link.
• The final submission date is 6pm GMT the 30th May 2012. The forums will be locked at this time and remain locked until the decisions are made.
• The winners will be announced on the 2nd of June 2012

Prizes?
Why yes, I suppose we could have some. There are 4 prizes up for grabs with the Burning Brush. Each category winner will receive a £50 voucher for the Pyre Studios Store and the overall winner will receive a £100 voucher. Worldwide shipping of the products will be covered by Pyre Studios.

Small Print
1. Entrants must be 16 years old or over.
2. Entrants may submit a maximum of two entries per category
3. Any decision made regarding the winning entries is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. These decisions will be thoroughly subjective based on miniature used, conversion work (if any), painting, composition and how well the entry captures the “sprit” of the setting/game the miniature is from.
5. Entrants must use miniatures from any of the manufacturers currently carried by Pyre Studios
6. Please do not used photo manipulation, composites or logos etc… the miniatures should be able to speak for themselves.
7. We may contact individuals to ask for better pictures. This is not a photography contest and we don’t want to miss someones awesome work because the flash was on…
8. Pyre Studios reserves the right to use any image it receives for promotional purposes. If used the artists name will appear with the image.
9. This contest is governed by the laws of fairness and common sense. See rule 3
10. By submitting an entry you accept the above terms.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:48:03 pm by Pyre » Logged

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 06:43:20 am »

Hmm...interesting...Cheesy
Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 04:28:02 pm »

I've already received strong responses for 5 of the games... come on twilighters!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 05:26:48 pm »

This looks great - I'm sure we can encourage a few good twilight entries for the contest  Grin
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 06:23:34 pm »

Seems like something I could enter. Not sure I have the models spare though.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 06:50:32 pm »

I'll kick of the 'tale of' painting challenge soon and any suitable entries could count towards that... (the challenge will be to paint one or more 300pt forces... Fabulous prizes to be won...).
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 06:52:32 pm »

Excellent, I have the first 12 or so models in the queue waiting for that Tale, heh.

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 06:58:53 pm »

I have declared that this year I'll learn how to paint and enter a few competitions... It'd be rude not to try something for this!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 07:07:24 pm »

Learn how to paint? Say what? I've seen your painting in person, you're off to a pretty good start. Wink

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 06:27:56 pm »

Learn how to paint? Say what? I've seen your painting in person, you're off to a pretty good start. Wink

heh, thanks! There's a difference between award winning 6mm, and army painting 28's which are the fields I currently cover, and true competition / display 28 / 54mm / bust pieces which is what I'm learning this year!

Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 09:27:09 pm »

Well we have our first few entries up and narry a Fubarnii in sight... for shame  Grin

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 06:45:32 pm »

So, is anybody going to represent twilight in the contest? There must be a kalgush somewhere in need of painting...
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 07:23:27 pm »

If I paint anything for myslelf rather than commissions & ebay this month, it'll be for this competition. I am going to the Golem / McVey Painting masterclass in early June so really want to knock something decent (and twilight) out before then but I'm stuck in a world of regiments for ebay at the moment!  Undecided

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 07:44:39 pm »

my pictures are so bad its not worth me entering online painting comps! Sorry pyre.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 08:10:43 pm »

I'm struggling to paint anything this month Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: