The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:39:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kaderac Hef, Scion of Orelan  (Read 6068 times)
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« on: May 22, 2012, 05:28:24 pm »

Kad Hef is the current leader of the Knights of Orelis, an imposing hardy fubarnii of such resilience that his track record is nigh unmatched by any of the knights under his command. Thus far his mighty grakukan has not only trampled three devanu in to the ground, but also eaten them. Kad insists it is for this reason that his grakukan is larger than others thus far tamed, as he believes that which his grakukan consumes clearly makes it stronger. Unusually however he is still to name his grakukan, merely terming it as his clan brother, and referring it as Orelan if need be. It is clear to his followers that he is an uncompromising fubarnii, and though he is proficient with his leadership, few openly admire or even like him due to his gruff demeanor. Indeed, his closest acquaintance appears to be his nameless grakukan, which many suspect follows him as it is more than adequately fed.

Bulkier than those under his command, Kad is covered in scars. His knights view him as having almost supernatural luck, having survived several blows that they claim would have slain anyone else. This, coupled with his ferocity when leading the charge, has earned him the honorific erac from his knights, who follow him with resolute determination, though not vocal admiration. Many who follow him oft grumble about his luck, muttering that there has to be a balance somewhere. True enough, though each of Kad's raids against the devanu are successful, the tally of deceased knights has never been higher due to Kad's agressive tendency to hunt out devanu nesting sites within the wastes, far from points of resupply and aid. Heedless of this, Kad leads the Knights with an almost self-destructive drive that has raised a few voices of concern from the council.

Eschewing the normal weapons of the knights, Kaderac Hef instead uses a modified pair of gauntlets mounting the largest claws from the devanu his grakukan has killed, or at least those he’s been able to salvage. Kad maintains that the best weapon to slay a devanu is its own claws, as so far Ket hasn't met anything that couldn't be killed by another of its kind. Having no ability to create armour himself, Kad considers himself in debt to Jehrah for the creation of the gauntlets, though unknown to him Jehrah has only glimpsed the gauntlets once, having delegated their creation to several of his apprentices. Due to the shorter range of these paired weapons, Kad has taught himself to swing sideways in his saddle, leaning heavily to one side to lash out at devanu who underestimate his reach as he races past.

One of the largest concerns for Kad Hef, devanu attacks aside, are the living conditions of the Knights of Orelis. With Orelan Het’s patronage, Kad has managed to fund the creation of much larger barracks, expanding them as much as he is able to further recruit knights. Though each recruit naturally needs to prove themselves competent in order to join, it is Kad’s proposal that has led to a sharp increase in the numbers of knights, as it is by his word that mercenaries from outside the clan are permitted to join, though they tend not to ride the grakukan but rather enuk haderis, a slightly larger and hardier breed of enuk suited to desert conditions. A select talented few mercenaries however have managed to assume control of ‘vacated’ grakukan at the cost of much food and often a few weeks recovery.

Kaderac Hef - 170 points
Elite - Unique
Move: 7            Tough: 3+
Combat: 4         Stamina: 2
Support: 1         Size: Large

Captain [L]
Command Range: 9"
Charge [A]
Powerful Charge [A]
Combat Trained (2) [C]
Combat Discipline* [C]
Momentum [T]
Ranger [T]
Feint* [C]
Very Tough*

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 05:43:31 pm »

Claws! I like it!

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 06:45:26 pm »

The claws are an interesting idea, though I hope he takes them off before patting his nameless mount. Wink

HN
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 05:00:52 pm »

I don't know how he'd be able to reach from a large beast with devanu claws, it'd be difficult even from an Enuk or Enuk Nobilis... It's an interesting idea though. What does a grakukan look like?

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:36:40 pm »

Pretty much this -

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 04:32:53 pm »

Would that really be a large model? I'd have guessed medium from the picture. Just me being curious though; that does look the right height to fight off with a hand weapon.

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 05:52:10 pm »

The Grakukan that Chris started and I am finishing fits comfortably on a medium base. Not sure if kaderac hef is riding a particularly large beast, or if it's a typo...
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 06:05:00 pm »

"Kad insists it is for this reason that his grakukan is larger than others thus far tamed" - not a typo, it's a big beastie. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: