The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:27:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grenird the Great  (Read 5809 times)
serin
Qualified Engineer

« on: May 24, 2012, 12:34:03 pm »

Here is my son Tom's entry for the competition. He is still working on it and has done some sketches, which I will try to upload at some point:

Grenird

Grenird is the most famous Enush player in the Central Empire. He is a herder from the village of Ritttonar , near Disson. He started playing Enush as a young Jenta like most youngsters in his village. Unlike his friends, however, he has become more and more skilful and famous. 

The game is played on Enuk-back. It is regarded as excellent training for riding. Skills are gained that are useful for herding and combat. There are two sides of 7 players.

The playing field is marked out with an oval arena. There is a target at each end. Players use an adapted stick sling to catch the ball. When close to the target, the aim is to hit the target and preferably knock it over. One point is scored for a hit on the target, five points if the target is knocked over. The opposition will try to intercept the ball.

There is a ‘Target-guard’, two defenders, two in midfield and two attackers on each side. Grenird is a Target-guard.

If the ball hits the ground, the referee places it on the floor equidistant from a player from each of the two teams. They then race to it and attempt to scoop it up. When one player is in control of the ball, the game continues.

From small games between neighbouring villages, the sport has developed into a major league.

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 12:40:39 pm »

Forgot to say that the 'ball' is not a ball as we think of one. Tom does have a design for this. He does not have a name for it yet!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 12:55:07 pm »

I like this! I can imagine Fubarnii in some great sports gear! maybe one with a big foam finger?  Grin

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 06:40:23 pm »

Good work Tom, I think this may be the most original entry so far Cheesy

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:43:19 pm »

Tom's got good ideas there  Smiley
Intrigued by the ball...
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:14:05 pm »

Clearly, a very fluffy and lightweight breed of the Preepree, who regards the game as a diverting, if odd, hobby.

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 04:31:19 pm »

Here is Tom's sketch of Grenird sitting on his white Enuk. He has 2 sticks, in common with all Target-guards, apparently.
 Grin
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 04:33:32 pm »

This sketch shows a dismounted Grenird with some detail of his helmet.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 06:55:10 pm »

Grenid has quite a mean look to his helmet, perhaps for intimidation. He kinda reminds me of ice hockey goalies.

Good work Tom!

HN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: