The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 04:47:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Scenario Design Contest - CLOSED!  (Read 12609 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: September 07, 2010, 09:21:12 am »

The creature creation contest we ran earlier in the summer was a great success and it seems about time to start a new contest! Having focussed on the world aspect last time I'm going to do something more game related for this one. Your challenge (should you choose to accept it) is to create a new scenario for the World of Twilight. You can use any of the forces from the three cultures (the most recent rules are available here).

Scenario Design Entry
In order to enter post your scenario as a new thread. Your entry should include:
  • Scenario title
  • a short piece of introductory fluff
  • force lists for both sides
  • table layout
  • special rules and victory conditions

Limitations
You can do what you like with the scenario, but keep each of the forces below 600pts. If you want to do a huge battle then I'd suggest you write it as a conclusion to a mini campaign (see below). Feel free to go for imbalanced force lists, but they often require a lot of playtesting to get them to play well!
If you would like to add any new models then feel free but keep it reasonably restrained! Be sure to include suggestions for models, or suggest some alternate units.

Prizes
It's only fair to offer a few prizes! I'm sending off a range of new models to be cast, and all going well I should have masters back in a month or so. If they come back okay then the prizes will involve a few previously unreleased masters.
I will select several scenarios as the initial shortlist that will be included in a booklet of scenarios that can be downloaded from the forum. Everybody who gets a scenario included in the shortlist will get a little prize (probably one of the new figures). I'll then put up a public vote and also choose my favourite scenario to give the two winners. Those two winners will each get a bigger prize (I'll figure out details eventually, but I expect it'll be three or four of the masters...).
If there are enough entries then I will also do an extra prize for the best campaign - up to four scenarios that link together to tell a story. The individual scenarios will also be valid for the main competition as long as they are 600pts a side or less.
After the shortlist of scenarios have been published there will be another prize or two up for grabs for the person who playtests and gives the best feedback on any of those scenarios (even if they didn't create them). I'll give more details of that closer to the time, but be sure to take notes if you do playtest any of your entries  Smiley

Conditions
There always have to be some conditions!
If you enter this contest then you are giving me full rights to use your scenario. I will of course credit you with its creation, but I may well use it in future books if it is particularly good.
The closing date is the 31st October 2010.
Please post your ideas on the forum for some feedback before the closing date - it's always useful to get some feedback and you are more likely to win if you've involved others in refining your idea  Smiley
I reserve the right to tweak some of the rules if need be!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 03:26:28 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:21:56 pm »

So, can I stick the unpublished ones we've tries out up ;-)

I'll try and come up with a mini 3 game campaign

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 04:45:50 pm »

Any limit on number of entries?

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 06:20:21 pm »

Previous suggestions anybody has posted on this forum or others are valid (for the original person who posted them... you can't just go around nicking ideas  Wink ), and you can enter any number of times.

There are also no limitations on who can enter - it's mainly about having fun and sharing ideas.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:22:04 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 11:07:42 pm »

Previous suggestions anybody has posted on this forum or others are valid (for the original person who posted them... you can't just go around nicking ideas  Wink ), and you can enter any number of times.

Hmmm i had a whole list of suggestions on here somewhere - i really should flesh a couple out.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Bethar
Administrator
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 11:18:09 pm »

I'm going to leave this one to people who actually know how to play, but I'll be interested to see the results!
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 11:59:27 pm »

I'm going to leave this one to people who actually know how to play,

why?
i'm not!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 01:18:58 am »

Any limit on number of entries?

I think it's time for "The Tale of Mearl" to return for this.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 11:02:09 am »

@Scalifano: The Tale of Mearl would be good - you've even got suitable minis available for Mearl now (or will have in a couple of week's time if you didn't manage to get hold of any of the masters).

@Bethar: you could always suggest some ideas and see if anybody else wants to help develop them - there's nothing to stop some collaborative entries. A scenario is basically telling a short (admittedly violent) story, which is something you are good at!
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 06:13:46 pm »

Yeah, I think the Tale will be one entry - though I'm keen to get some new stuff written!

@Beth; As Carcharoth says - if you have a story for a scenario, I'd be more than happy to help chug out the rules and mechanics element of it

Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 02:27:53 pm »

Always nice to show up on this site:
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/09/10/39164#comments
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 05:57:38 pm »

How are the entries coming along? It would be great to hear some ideas if anybody has been working on anything!
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 10:33:39 pm »

I'm hoping to get mine written this weekend, if I can shift the mathematics mountain before then.

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 10:42:25 pm »

A little while a go I wrote a whole lost of potential scenario ideas in a thread here. I will struggle for time to develop any of them, bit of someone else wants to then please do.

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 10:01:35 pm »

I have several bits of paper with ideas written out, just need to shift enough work to type them up at some point.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: