The World Of Twilight
April 26, 2024, 01:02:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Building Portfolio and Production Progress updated 10/7/10  (Read 24514 times)
Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 02:59:12 am »

Wow, that looks awesome.  I downloaded the instructions and flipped through them and it is detailed.  You spent a lot of time on this and it shows.  I really love the color coded arrows you used throughout the instructions.  Only thing I would like to see is at the end of the instructions, you show a side by side comparrison of the finshed/unfinished.  I would like to see more angles of the unfinished tower, so you can see the whole model.  3 pics will probably cover the entire model.  Maybe have page 12 with 3 pictures of the unpainted tower from 3 different angles and page 13 with the same pictures but fully painted.

I'm really looking forward to other buildings you are making. 
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 11:09:16 am »

Thank you for the comments on the WIP instructions Scalifano Smiley

would this picture be what you are after?

*link* I have included it in the NOW COMPLETE assembly instructions *link*

These are actually 2 different buildings - if you look they are not configured the same. They are prototypes for the Pryn-Gul Tower so the final kits are a little different and more detailed. (I also glued the sign post on upside down on the left hand one!! D'oh!)

I was trying to avoid adding large file size photgraphs to the instructions as they are already a 5Mb, 14 page file... but I can take more pictures like this and make them available.  Note that I am already working on a "Painting Guide" to show step by step how I painted the demo model - that will have a lot of pictures.

How did you find the link to the google docs storage space to get the file? did you have to sign-in or register? willthis work with a link from my blog and ebay as a way of customers getting the files?

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 12:49:17 pm »

As I said in my last PM to you, the instructions look very professional. I had to sign in with my google account, though, so I assume people without a google account couldn't access them...

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 01:24:25 pm »

I had to sign in with my google account, though, so I assume people without a google account couldn't access them...

damn its set to share without having to sign in, i guess that doesn't work...

anyone know a good file host that handles pdfs?

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 01:25:55 pm »

Could you not just host them on the main filespace for the WoT website?

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 02:41:57 pm »

As I said in my last PM to you, the instructions look very professional. I had to sign in with my google account, though, so I assume people without a google account couldn't access them...

I was able to download the instructions without having to log in.  The link took me to the google page and started downloading the PDF immediately.  I ended up hitting hte stop button and right clicked the link and did a save as.

Yeah Brandlin, thats the picture I was talking about.  I hadn't even realized that it was two different towers until you mentioned the differences.  I always like to see unpainted versions.  
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:45:09 pm by Scalifano » Logged
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 04:09:31 pm »

Itching to get my hands on one or more of these. how close to production/sale are you getting?

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 04:33:39 pm »

Itching to get my hands on one or more of these. how close to production/sale are you getting?

HI emberbreeze

the kits are at the cutters now, but i know they are busy. I'm expecting to get them back in maybe a week. I'll be selling through ebay so getting a storefront is straightforwards. I do want to get some more details and pictures done and on my website (static pages on my blog that we can link to and from) to hold the instructions hints and tips, painting guides etc... I also need to sort packing and postal materials. Even though I am trying to keep the costs down I want to have a comphensive and quality feel to things.

So realistically I think its a fortnight until they can be ordered , but for valuable fodders and twiligh forum members i may run some initial discounts a few days earlier.

I am really pleased with the support this is getting for one of my daft ideas. Thanks for the interest emberbreeze.

Rick
Enasa Merchant Lord
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2010, 05:25:45 am »

I haven't got any of those mini-magnets yet, so forgive my ignorance but - do they work almost as well through the thickness of a tube - could you glue them to the inside of the tube and have them work almost as well? That might solve the looks issue.

Can't wait to see these in the flesh, so to speak.
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2010, 08:50:07 am »

I haven't got any of those mini-magnets yet, so forgive my ignorance but - do they work almost as well through the thickness of a tube - could you glue them to the inside of the tube and have them work almost as well? That might solve the looks issue.
Yes they would - they are surprisingly strong. And it would solve the looks issue. I might have to go up a size - say 6mm rather than 4. The problem would be aligning them. Getting them accurately in the right place on the surface of a curved tube to narrow to get your hand in.As I'm selling a kit so it needs to be repeatable and fairly straightforwards.

Also if the customer has already built their Pryn-Gul Tower then its sealed so you couldn't get to the inside if you then wanted to add a bridge.

Can't wait to see these in the flesh, so to speak.

Thank you...

I'm actually quite nervous having just invested £200 in styrene and laser cutting and am now waiting for the first production run to come back!

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 08:57:59 am »

Could you not just host them on the main filespace for the WoT website?

Very probably - but that would mean doing complicated things ike "talking to mike and tom" Smiley  I'm a bit of an interloper here so i didn't want to assume. Besides i like CONTROL!!!!

I think one of the issues about the having to sign in or not might be that IF you have a google account set to sign in automatically then it takes you straight there.

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 09:01:34 pm »

Just heard from Ian @ Fenris Games...

The kits are cutting NOW
and they look GOOD!!!

I can't believe how nervous I am!

what if the geometry is wrong... what if the strene melts, what if no -one buys one?
sigh - this is not a time to be a pessimist!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 10:15:50 pm »

Superb  Grin

And don't worry, you're not an interloper. Smiley
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 05:33:27 am »

cool   Grin

well I definately want one mate!   Grin

I'm sure they'll fly out!

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 11:24:57 am »

Cutting is DONE!
The 64 sheets of styrene will be
in the post to me this afternoon!

That's 24 Pryngul towers, 12 sheets of shingles and the prototypes for the stables kit.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: