The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 06:32:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Laser cut counters  (Read 3291 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: January 19, 2013, 07:19:38 pm »

In between building snowmen, I've been thinking about designing some simple laser-cut counters to go with twilight - they would match the style of the blast templates Alan originally designed and be cut out of thin plywood.
I'm thinking what I should do and I thought I'd see if anybody else has bright ideas!

The first thing is stamina counters. Small counters 15mm to 20mm across with symbols for the different cultures. I've started sketching these out already and I have designs for the Delgon, the Empire, the Devanu and even the Dhogu.

Next up would be ongoing effects. There really aren't many in the main game so far - powerful and inspired. From the travellers there are a few more - Tangled would be a useful addition, confused and poisoned would also be good. And a target marker. For those sorts of markers I'd be looking for a quite flexible design as those ongoing effects will be reused for new units. I'm pondering stylised little fubarnii in various posed.

What else would you like to see? Any other good ideas of counters or objective markers you think might work?
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 12:37:16 am »

I tend to prefer dice for stamina since it changes fairly often when I play, but I can see counters being handy for people. Ongoing effects would always be useful, but the most handy I'd say are probably target markers since Slingers really find it a handy buff and it's hard to think of a time it wouldn't be present.

Other than that, well, A Clan Orelan token would clearly be an excellent addition.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:48:20 pm »

any tokens or counters for twilight is something I support Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: