The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:03:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight Painting Contest 2013  (Read 17020 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 23, 2013, 07:12:53 pm »

Two years ago we had our first twilight painting contest, so it seems high time we had another one!

The last contest worked well, so I'm going to keep things very similar. The contest will be to paint one or more Twilight figures with a deadline of the 16th June.
There will just be one category that covers everything from individual models up to small dioramas. The only limitation is that whatever you paint should be from the World of Twilight range and should be able to fit on an area the size of a CD. It doesn't have to fill the CD of course!

There will be three prizes from three judges. The first judge will be you guys - there will be a public vote to determine the winner of the Popularity Prize. Then Joe Karame has kindly offered his services to judge the Painter's Prize. Finally there will be me, who will be picking my favourite entries that fit into the world of Twilight for the Creator's Prize. The three prizes will be rewarded independently, so it would be possible for somebody to win more than one!
You can enter by sending me a picture of your entry before the deadline. I'll then make a new thread to show them all and open up the public vote. It's up to you if you want to share WIP shots or not, but I do think it is fun to see what everybody is up to. One thing to remember is that the models will be judged entirely on the photos, so do your best to get it looking as good as possible!

And finally, you can't really have a contest without having a prize! Each of the three prizes will be £10 worth of Twilight stock (which can include anything new that has come out of the moulds by then). I might also do a few little bonus prizes along the way. I'm not sure what they'll be yet, but they'll be entirely arbitrary  Grin

I think that about covers it, so good luck!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 07:18:54 pm »

Argh! Photography!
well i think i have a cool concept that i want to build so count me in for this

Dangerousbeans
Hatchling

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 11:57:31 pm »

Count me in!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:37:42 pm »

Prompted by a comment from Seb (Taelan), I've decided to add a little extra category to the contest - the first PrePre Preening Prize!

The prepre is only available at shows, but quite a few of you will have one by now! The prize will simply be for the best turned out prepre. No idea what the prize will be yet, but it'll be something fun  Smiley
Dangerousbeans
Hatchling

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 07:35:00 pm »

Is the Prepre the little frog/lizard thing with the big head dress?
Pyre
Caravan Master
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 07:37:01 pm »

"Is the Prepre the little frog/lizard thing..."

*gasp* heresy

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 07:53:36 pm »

Is the Prepre the little frog/lizard thing with the big head dress?
Essentially, yes! It was invented as an entry in the creature creation contest a couple of years ago and I then decided I needed to sculpt one... They are very expensive creatures, carefully bred for their ludicrously large crests. Their owners dress them in ridiculously expensive finery and hire work renowned artists to decorate the crests. When painting them it is fair to say that nothing would be too ostentatious...
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 09:00:06 am »

Are there any age restrictions?
Tom, who is 11 is busy painting up his Orelan militia that he bought at Salute, hoping to enter. Obviously, his standards won't be quite as high as some of the painters I have seen on the forum!
We may jointly try to convert an old CD into a scenic base and then arrange the figures on it. This is instead of directly including the figures on a completed diorama. I hope this is acceptable - Tom wants to use the figures afterwards in a game!

Cheers
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 07:01:38 pm »

There are certainly no age restrictions!
You don't have to do a CD sized display base unless you want to - the size limit is just for guidance. A display base would be cool though  Grin
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 09:01:26 am »

4 weeks to go... Has anybody started their entries yet? I would love to see some WIP shots!
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 06:25:41 pm »

I wish! Sad I have just a week till I start DIY on an entire floor of our house so not sure I will even get my little diorama started let along built & painted. Fingers crossed though I can do both...
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 10:08:23 am »

my spirit walker is primed but i don't think that i will have time to make a diorama either :-/

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 09:26:47 am »

Well I finaly managed to make a start...

Not much to look at so far but have got a little further with the base now.

HN
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 05:47:01 pm »

Got the base just about sorted now as well as the post...

Will undercoat it tomorrow then maybe start painting in the eve.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 08:10:19 pm »

Looking forward to seeing it!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: