The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 01:47:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions...  (Read 6255 times)
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« on: May 11, 2013, 07:14:59 am »

So excuse me if these questions have been asked anywhere, I haven't read all the forum yet ^^

I will do my first game next week, so these questions may be stupid...  Cheesy

First, if you don't use the forces described in the scenarios, how many points do you use ? And the best format to try the game ?
And how long is a game in average ?

Concerning the rules:
Why all models have a Command Range, but only some have Leadership Abilities ?
A model can only fight one time per Combat Phase, whatever if it was a primary combatant or a support ?
Models can kill each other in the same combat, right ?

At least, i have a little request. I've made a word document for a french translation of the rules. What was the font used for the rule book ? I'd like to have a similar graphic chart.

Thanks for replies ! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:42:03 am by Letchaï » Logged

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:14:35 am »

Some quick responses!
I would recommend 300pts as a starting point, which must include at least one 'elite'. Make sure you choose enough captains so you can activate everything with 2 or 3 activations. The simplest scenario we play is as follows:
Select forces. 300-500pts is a small game. I wouldn't recommend much bigger to begin with!
Lay out scenery on the table, but don't deploy figures yet. Draw a stone from the initiative pool - that player can now deploy his figures. Once he has deployed, the second player may immediately deploy figures at least 18" from his opponent. Continue with the first turn by drawing the next initiative counter.
The winner is the first person to kill more than half his opponents Elites.

I would recommend you try empire vs Devanu first as the delgon are a little trickier to get the hang of and you need to take care with force selection.

A game should take less than an hour generally, but can if course vary a lot!

Command stat is not always used at the moment, but is in there to be future-proof against abilities that might need it... Ignore it for the moment if the model doesn't have any leadership abilities.
Correct, a model gets one combat action per turn, either to attack or support. That action is lost if it is attacked first.
Models can most definitely kill each other in the same turn!

Font is Rennais-ital. Let me know if you have difficulty finding it.

I hope those responses help Smiley
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 09:33:16 pm »

I hope those responses help Smiley
They do. Thanks.

Except that:
Correct, a model gets one combat action per turn, either to attack or support. That action is lost if it is attacked first.
rather per Combat Phase, no ?

And a bunch of other questions:
The knight captain has no "type" like Elite for example. Is that normal ? So he must always be activated first, and can never be activated by a Leadership ability ?
I found a difference between the updated rules of the derak (book 2) and the example explained in that same book: it is said that a model which wants to make a ranged attack does it instead its standard move (so move or shoot), and in the example, one of the derakeer "moves a short distance to get a better shot". So ?
Can we disengage of a model and engage an other one in one Move (which is in this case a cautiously move)?

That's all, fot the moment ^^

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:33:44 pm »

Yup, should have said combat phase...
The knight captain is an elite - that's a typo in the rules.
The ranged attack for the derak is the entire 'derak' ability as described in his rules. The attack includes a 3" move if he wants it, so the example is correct. I might reword the definition of the ranges abilities at some point to clarify that.
As long as you move cautiously you can certainly leave combat and move into another one.

Keep em coming  Smiley
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 09:52:36 pm »

Thanks Mike !
So the captain is an elite, fine !

The attack includes a 3" move if he wants it
Actually I haven't seen this sentence in the book, so that's the reason of my uncertainty.

At Salute I've seen printed cards for models profiles.
Can we download them somewhere and print them ? That should be a pretty help in game !

And, I finally made my first game yesterday. 375 points each side, Fubarnii vs Devanu. It was very interesting, I appreciate mainly the original sides of this gameplay: phase counters, combat stones (actually D6 for the try ^^ ). Fubarnii were resistants, and defeated in 3 turns the Kopa and the sempa, losing in balance a militia captain and 3 Militia ! But the rules are fluid and easy to learn. Congratulations for that  Grin

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 08:29:02 am »

To clarify, the movement allowed before a ranged attack varies from unit to unit, depending on the weapon. Beru has to stand still to fire, while the Devanu jenta spear can do a full move.

Glad you enjoyed your first game!
eddieharr
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 04:10:17 am »

I want to add a question based on his question about combats. Say there is a multiparty combat. One of my knights gets attacked first, the attack and my knight both cast stones and my knight is still alive. Since he had already cast stones he attacked, right? Well then say, in the same combat phase, someone else attacks him. Can the knight cast stones against him as well? Or is the knight helpless and the attacker gets to cast unopposed?
eddieharr
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 04:11:33 am »

And one more, if a successful attack is flipped over (say from dodge) can that stone be recast if the player uses a stamina or special ability?
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 08:10:05 am »

Hi Eddie,

In the first question, the knight will defend himself and cast as normal.
He may not make a new attack himself as he has already been a part of a combat, but he won't stand still and take a beating without fighting back.

With regards recasting a stone which has been flipped by an opponents ability, yes it can be recast. This is part of the fun and strategy of using stamina - stones can be flipped and re-flipped many times. You many not kill the Devanu (or whatever...) but you can sap a lot of stamina from him to weaken him for the next attack!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: