The World Of Twilight
April 16, 2024, 10:58:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Painting contest - the results!  (Read 8075 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: July 09, 2013, 09:20:59 pm »

Firstly I would like to congratulate and thank everybody who entered. I spend a lot of time creating my strange little miniatures and it immensely satisfying to see them painted Smiley

Now, for the important job of judging the winners! There are three prizes, plus a bonus prize to Hairy Norseman for the only entry in this year's Prepre Preeners Prize...

Public Vote: Joek won a comprehensive victory in the public vote with his beautifully painted Roban. As the official Twilight painter I'm sure he's cheating, but there's no denying how well it's turned out! I'm going to have to convince him to do a few more 'arty' pieces as well as the studio paintjobs...

Joe's Arty Prize: Joe seems to have a good eye, so I asked if he would pick his favourite paintjob from the entries. After much deliberation he selected Letchai's knight:
"It's followed the studio paintjob, but it's done very nicely, with some really good shading and highlighting on the skin. Also like the base - nothing too elaborate, but works perfectly well with the figure itself Smiley"

Mike's Twilight Prize: I like to be a bit more fanciful when selecting a winner - looking for something that really catches my eye, or tells a story that fits within Twilight.
Letchai's knight is lovely and if he'd finished the display base in time we might have had a different winner... Certainly worth checking out the finished piece!
So that brings me to the winner... Tom's Orelan unit and Grishak. The paintjobs are good, but I particularly like the distinctive blue armour of the militia and how they all sit together as a unit. The grishak are a little out of place, but they are nicely painted and tell a story.

I'll have to try and do sig blocks for the prizes and send me an email so we can discuss prizes. I'm about to send off some models to the casters, so should be able to sort you something special Smiley

Thanks again to everybody.
Mike
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 09:18:33 am »

Congrats to Joe and Tom !
And thanks to Joe for choosing me Cheesy

This mini was really a pleasure to paint.

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 09:24:12 am »

Congrats to everyone who won and a big thumbs up to everyone who entered. I already have some ideas for next time...
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 09:11:50 pm »

Congratulations all! I am very impressed with the quality.   Cheesy

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 10:14:51 pm »

Congratulations Joe and Letchai - well deserved!

As for Tom, neither of us saw that coming. I was really pleased that he showed the maturity to be pleased with his entry and survey the other entries and just be pleased that he had entered. He was not expecting to win at all!
Sorry the grishak are a bit out of place. Tom had painted them and wanted to use them as a focus for the Orelan militia. We sort of invented a bit of a back story to it as well.
Tom also chose the blue for the Orelan - he wanted them to be distinct from the standard militia which we have painted red. The captain is a different shade of blue, but I am not sure that comes across in the photos.

Thanks for the choice - Tom is now bragging that he has beaten me at a painting competition! Roll Eyes
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 09:54:46 am »

Finally got round to ordering Tom's prize for the competition - a Grakukan captain for his Orelan contingent.
Also ordered a few other goodies - including our first Dhogu - could be the start of something big!! Wink
Will try to keep you all posted on progress.

Grin
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 09:59:08 am »

Sounds good, will look forward to seeing some pics. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: