The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 04:01:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cautious Move & Shooting  (Read 3957 times)
hithero
Jenta

« on: April 04, 2014, 01:54:51 pm »

Can a model move cautiously and still shoot?  I can't see anything either way in the rules but guess they can as they are still only moving 3", half a standard move.

But what about models having to move cautiously due to disengaging from combat, can they still move away and shoot? Because the Light Cavalry spear rules say they can when leaving combat, I guess other weapons can't, is this correct?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 05:24:37 pm »

You are right, the ranged combat rules don't explicitly state you can't disengage and then shoot... Good soot (and something to correct in the compilation).
You certainly shouldn't be able to disengage and use a ranged ability (unless stated otherwise), but I need to check my notes regarding shooting and moving cautiously. I think you should be able to.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 06:33:26 pm »

Ummm, the ranged abilities rules DO state categorically that you cannot disengage and shoot. Page 6, "Of Gods and Demons", The new ability types box reads:

Ranged Abilities [R]: These abilities replace a model's standard movement and allow a model to make a ranged attack. The ability may also allow some movement, but may not be used if the model is egaged at any point during its activation unless otherwise stated

Should be able to move cautiously and shoot however, otherwise ranged units are screwed in any kind of terrain!

hithero
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:42:05 pm »

Missed that, cheers.  So going on from that, the move and shoot distance replaces normal movement, so in theory then, a cautious move is a half speed penalty, so shooters can move 1/2 that speed in difficult terrain and shoot.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 07:43:27 am »

I was sure I had mentioned it! I'll add it into the main description of the ranged ability as well. Thanks Paul  Smiley
You can move through rough terrain and shoot, moving at half speed.
As a note: you work out if you need to move cautiously for each individual movement, whether that is your initial move or an additional move like sprint.

Examples:
A devanu kopa can leap out of combat and then move normally (leap can be used before the standard movement). He can walk cautiously out of combat then sprint at full rate. He may NOT sprint cautiously out of combat then move because you can only sprint after your initial movement.
If a devanu kopa had a ranged weapon (not likely to happen!) the he could leap (but not sprint) out of combat and then use his ranged attack.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:13:31 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 11:00:47 am »

Might want to edit your example mate...
Examples:
A devanu kopa can leap out of combat and then move normally (sprint can be used before the standard movement). He can walk cautiously out of combat then sprint at full rate. He may NOT sprint cautiously out of combat then move because you can only sprint after your initial movement.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 09:13:55 pm »

Thanks Paul! Corrected  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: