The World Of Twilight
April 19, 2024, 05:56:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Housing the Poor Fubarnii?  (Read 6575 times)
NickH
Jenta

« on: April 09, 2014, 02:15:41 pm »

We've seen the incredible confections that renowned fubarnii engineers live in and caught glimpses of the ornate palaces of the nobles but what about the mass of the population? The fubarnii who aspire to little more than not to be killed by raiding devanu, sufficient to eat throughout the winter and the occasional invitation to a celebration?

Would these semi-underground pictish buildings be suitable? They low and cosy for a species with nocturnal origins that likes to live underground.
http://www.scheltrum.co.uk/oaf3.html
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 06:51:59 pm »

I didn't know this website yet. But they do seem to have some excellent pieces,
Thanks for sharing.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 10:40:26 pm »

Those would do the trick, at least for certain parts of the empire. The fubarnii tend to excavate tunnels beneath their houses, living both above and below ground.
NickH
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:31:19 am »

Those would do the trick, at least for certain parts of the empire. The fubarnii tend to excavate tunnels beneath their houses, living both above and below ground.
Thanks, I'll try to get a small village's worth at Salute.

I'd imagine that they would also be suitable for the more settled herder communities throughout Anyaral.
NickH
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 02:24:45 pm »

Some pictures up on my blog: http://fenedgewargaming.co.uk/wp/?p=2443
penalbattalion
Hatchling

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 05:45:15 pm »

Those came up very nice. Tempted to get a few now.  Wink
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 05:58:32 pm »

Beautiful job and they match your bases perfectly.
Are you going to leave them like that or are you going to put a base underneath?

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
NickH
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 06:16:46 pm »

Thanks guys.

I wasn't going to base the models as most of them have some kind of base or mound anyway and I wanted to have as much flexibility as possible when arranging them into hamlets or villages for large scale battles. If I were using them for skirmish games then I'd probably put each one on a little landscaped base so each household could have it's only little yard and possible vegetable plot or drying rack.

The match between the buildings and the ground cloth appears much better to the naked eye than it seems in these photos, not sure why.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 07:54:50 am »

Those work really well! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: