The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 08:40:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delgon KalGarkii Soldiers  (Read 5117 times)
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« on: January 23, 2015, 05:30:19 pm »

As I like the official Delgon paint scheme, I have tried to make my paint scheme similar, but not an exact copy.  Smiley

For the eagle eyed among you, two of the KalGarkii have had head swops, to add a bit of variety to the unit.

After four attempts to paint the NuraLehn, all of which ended up with it looking like a block blob, I decided to add some more colour to the miniature. I made the hood red and the headress under it (which had been red) is now brown.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 12:27:33 pm by Halcyon » Logged
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 05:54:43 pm »

They look great, actually very similar to the delgon I'm currently painting Smiley.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 06:37:39 pm »

You wait months to see some kalgarkii, then two units turn up at once   Grin
These look great as well! I'll admit that when I sculpted the NuraLehn I was imagining them in pure black robes, but I really like how they've evolved to have brightly coloured hoods. Mine have dark green hoods.

I never actually mentioned that backers who went for the kalgarkii unit ended up with a bonus model - when I was making the moulds I managed to squeeze six soldiers onto the mould (rather than the five promised) so figured they would be a useful addition. It's great to see the larger units painted up  Smiley
Fireblarney
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 11:44:49 pm »

They look great.

I was going backward and forward between blue and green for my KalGarkii but settled on blue, though I am intending to use green to signify another role within my forces.
As you can see in my post I'm a fan of the red hood on the NuraLehn myself
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:01:10 am by Fireblarney » Logged
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 09:28:22 pm »

Looking good.
I like the contrast.
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 10:53:26 pm »

Thanks all, I had fun painting them.  Smiley

My Plutom's Mechanicals should be joining the KalGarkii in the next day or so.
I just have some finishing touches to do on the pair of KalDromar and Plutom himself.  Smiley
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 12:28:50 pm »

All my pictures in this thread, have now been changed from Photobucket to Imgur, so hopefully they won't disappear.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: