The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 06:38:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hobbybrush's true hobby collection...  (Read 5403 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« on: January 31, 2015, 06:46:06 pm »

I had a head start on a lot of you, having been collecting these miniatures for a number of years already. But the kickstarter certainly spurred my interest and indeed my local group to more Twilight hobby. Indeed it's still the only range I don't paint with a price tag in mind while I work on it - it's my one true hobby collection  Grin

So, with the rules allowing me to enter for January anything I've painted since last March, I think I have the first months quota covered, despite January being tax month for me - new stuff being done next month!

Devanu, and their few new Grishak pets... Still to come are kosok, Katan, matriarch, Jenta and egg sticks.

Dhogu - still to come 2 more yirnak riders, 2skerrat and a few more basic spearman.

Delgon - note they lack any command, as it never painted them properly in the first place. They'll be up for February. Also to come - more striders, Roban, kal gush and a few others!

Clan Orel - not much to add here. Probably my favourite group painting wise to date.

Empire - also very fond of the mounted herders / light knights. Most of my empire was painted prior to 2014, but there's lots more to come in the form of a complete trader caravan, civilians, and a few characters need paint too!

But of course, if you happen to be the main man Mike reading this, all you'll be able to see is this....

Does he count as a small force at least - go on, give me one point for the month, please!
 Tongue

Happy painting one and all!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:49:23 pm by TuffSkull » Logged

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 07:19:58 pm »

Wow, wow, WOW ... These look amazing!
I've already seen a few of these, but having them presented all together makes them look even better.
But your Devanu and grishak are my favourites.

Lucky for me I paint my miniatures more as a challenge too myself, as I never can compete with these in terms of competition Wink.
Superb!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 07:29:21 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 08:58:34 pm »

Thanks krypto!

The challenge has prompted me to spend a lot of time today taking and editing new photos of the collection, so full galleries will be added to my website & blog soon with close ups of most things. No WIP forehead shots either  Grin

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 10:48:09 pm »

BTW, were your noble guard not finished as well?

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 10:58:51 pm »

No, I never got back to them to detail the banner and add iconography so they're not actually complete yet!  Embarrassed

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 11:08:51 pm »

They looked better in the dodgy shots from the top of their heads...

Smiley

Great to see such good photos of them! I'm hard pressed to pick a favourite. They all fit nicely into the world, but each with a little twist. Thanks for taking the effort to get such good photos!
I really do like how the Grishak jenta are looking painted up. I know there's just one pose, but the slightly different paintschemes on them compared to the adults really makes them stand out.

Glad to see you have finally got around to painting something other than that one knight though. You took your time  Wink
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 09:38:42 am »

These are great! Only just found them thanks to the Kickstarter update but wish I'd seen them before I started painting mine. I especially like your Clan Orel, they look fantastic! The Kosok is great too - I'm definitely going to have to get one for my Devanu now. I've had a quick look on your site, you have painted ALOT of miniatures! I like the sci-fi 6mm stuff, always fancied giving them a go, but the infantry look tough to paint, do you game with them as well or were they a commission?

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 07:48:00 pm »

Thanks Ben!

I assume you mean kelahn rather than kosok - the latter is still awaiting paint among my backlog?!? But thank you none the less!

I have indeed painted ridiculous number of figures. Well into tens of thousands among various scales and styles. It's a little scary, even to myself!   Undecided

It's a commen mis conception that 6mm is hard to paint. It's actually easier to paint than other scales for a gaming standard. 80% of what you see is the base in that scale, so if you can doo a reasonable job on that your well over half way there! and the rest is basic blocks or dry brushing. Of course, you can go silly and paint eyes, do blends etc, but that's certainly not needed in this scale for gaming!

And yes, I have gamed a lot in 6mm in the past, although also done a lot on commission, I was on the design team for epic Armageddon (as well as "studio" painter for the range) and lead development of dark realm miniatures own rules set too. Was my primary gaming passion for years!

Now, Anyaral holds that position Wink

benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 09:04:37 pm »

I assume you mean kelahn rather than kosok - the latter is still awaiting paint among my backlog?!? But thank you none the less!

Yes sorry - Kelhan, the big blue monster at the back!

I've enjoyed going through your site over the weekend - loads of fantastic miniatures, and some really good guest galleries too. Lots of inspiration for me to get going with my painting! Got to improve my blending techniques!
Thanks!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: