The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:03:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Twilight Painting Challenge - January Results  (Read 5482 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: February 02, 2015, 02:57:05 pm »

It's been a great first month for the challenge, with lots of you posting your painted forces! Thank you  Smiley

So, now to try and choose my favourites! Drumroll please...

Gold - Tuffskull
Gold goes to Tuffskull. It was hard picking a favourite from the wealth of models he's painted since the kickstarter, but I think it is probably the blue-armoured Knights of Orel! Paul does need to add a Captain of Orel though  Wink
Silver - Kryptovidicus
For Silver I've chosen Kryptovidicus' Grishak. Not quite a full hunting pack, but I love the subtle differences in painting for the jenta, sempa and kopa.
Bronze - Halcyon
This month's Bronze award goes to Halcyon for his really nicely presented Delgon. I'm sure the Delgon should look out of place in the desert, but the group looks fantastic.

I've not quite worked out prizes yet, but there will be something...

Congratulations to everybody else for their entries. It was very difficult to pick favourites! You do all get Twilight Points though. I've done a quick tally, but please yell if I've missed anything!

Twilight Points
TuffSkull - 5 Points (Devanu, Dhogu, Delgon, Orel and Light Cavalry - thoroughly overshooting the 5 point limit!)
The Slann - 5 Points (Dhogu and Orel)
Fireblarney - 4 Points (Delgon and Outcasts)
Serin - 4 Points (Dhogu and Gil)
Kryptovidicus - 4 Points (Devanu and Grishak)
CLDecker - 4 Points (Devanu and Empire)
Halcyon - 3 Points (Delgon)

Each point can be used to give a £2 discount from your next order with me and if you wait a little while you might even be able to spend them on some masters of new models  Smiley

Now, good luck for the next month! I'd love to see some Nobles and Droba Hunters painted...
Andvary
Hatchling

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 03:28:40 pm »

Congratulations to the winners. Very motivating indeed.  Cheesy
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 03:47:05 pm »

that's a great turnout for the competition and some inspiring work by everyone.  I look forward to seeing what you guys showcase next.   Wink
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 03:59:03 pm »

The competitions have definitely been an incentive for me to get my forces painted.
It has been really great to see the paint schemes other people have come up with for their forces.

Not that it means anything, but I wholeheartedly agree with the Gold and Silver placings.
With regards to the Bronze, I couldn't possibly comment...  Grin
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 05:46:36 pm »

With so many great entries I never had expected to win anything.
Congratulations to everyone who participated!
I look forward to see what everyone is going to come up with this month.

My Delgon starter (the one I had ordered during the KS) is primed and ready to paint.
Unfortunately I have to fix some spears first, as the blades have snapped of.
I also hope to finally finish my Devanu outcasts and grishak.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Fireblarney
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 10:08:11 pm »

Congratulations to January's winners, they really were some great paint jobs  Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 11:41:26 pm »

Great work one and all. It's certainly very inspiring to see everyone's ideas and styles applied to this range of models - there's some really great stuff on show. Very honoured of the gold, thank you, and looking forward to seeing what everyone does next month - is it too much to hope for, to see more joining us in the challenge next month? Would be great to see!

And as for missing an Orel captain - I honestly thought I had everything for them! Didn't realise I was missing a piece - must have been added to the range after I bought mine, but will certainly be added to my salute shopping list!  Grin

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 12:00:31 am »

Congratulations to the winners and great work everyone. I am nearing completion for my droba hunters force - so they should be entered for February.
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 12:49:14 am »

Great work, solid range of ideas for painting up the various Twilight forces. Congrats all Smiley

CLDecker
Hatchling

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 02:57:52 am »

Some very impressive work entered in the contest!
 Grin Grin
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 03:18:33 pm »

Congrats to the winners! And everyone else for collecting points Smiley

Onto the Noble Guard it  is then Smiley

cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: