The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 02:25:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade Caravan WIP  (Read 15097 times)
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« on: February 07, 2015, 01:55:27 am »

I was able to get my first model done... mostly. I really like the Trade Caravan and the Casanii is my favorite, though I realize now I forgot to attach the quiver to this fellow before I took the picture.   Tongue

I'm not sure if the skin tone is a match for this guy? and I was also unsure how the eyes are done.... the close ups I have been able to see are predominately black with a little bit of white?

** I removed the photo that was here as there is an updated photo of the Casanii below  Wink
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:25:33 am by GrimSnik » Logged
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:22:13 am »

It is a bit hard to see, as the miniature is a bit dark and the area around it is very yellow.
But from what I can make out he looks very good.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 01:10:10 pm »

Great to see someone's making progress for this month already & from what I can see he looks very good, although he could ossify do with a close up  Wink

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 11:47:16 pm »

yeah, this photo didn't do so well..... I'll try to see about setting up better lighting when the next one is ready.  Wink
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 06:17:57 pm »

Looks like he's out hunting on his own in the desert  Smiley
The colours look good to me! Nice bodypaint and the white bow is very striking. Large black eyes with a touch of white sounds good to me.
I really need to hurry up and sculpt him some companions!
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 01:49:10 pm »

Loved this mini from the first time I saw it and you've done a splendid job with the painting.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 09:49:46 pm »

Looking great so far - have you got any further with the painting?
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 02:35:05 pm »

wellll......... no. I'm in Boston Massachusettes and over the last few weeks we've had about eight feet of snow dropped on us. no joke. the city is struggling to clean out and it's been a bit constraining.  but having said that, this week looks very light in the snow department which means no endless hours of shoveling and re-shoveling to take me away from the painting table. so i'll see if I can race to the finish with the remaining models. it'll be close!!   Grin  Grin
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 11:01:10 pm »

alas I could not complete a full force for February, but I did make some progress and finish another 4 models. I took the photos in the sunlight so hopefully they are a little better. I kinda liked how the shadows looked as it struck me as the models trekking through a desert....   Cheesy   Grin

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 08:55:23 am »

Very moody photos! I should complain about not using multiple light sources etc, but the photos do work, particularly for the travellers  Smiley
Also, well done getting those models painted in spite of the apocalyptic weather!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 09:32:51 am »

I do like them a lot. They have a bit of a rugged travellers appearance.
Good work!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 01:40:05 am »

just a quick couple of photos to keep my momentum going. I'm going to try to do a little bit everyday this month and see how that turns out.   Cheesy

sorry my photos aren't very well done, I'm still getting the hang of how best to take and post them. 

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 06:17:59 am »

You seem to be making good progress. Once again: nice work!

Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 12:48:59 pm »

The striped jacket looks great.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 01:40:31 pm »

Particularly liking the young'un - the stripes are very well done!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: