The World Of Twilight
April 19, 2024, 03:31:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefield/Playing Area Question...  (Read 3683 times)
benmoor
Apprentice

« on: February 28, 2015, 12:20:18 pm »

Hi All,

New here - I've just got round to painting up one of my kickstarter forces after getting everything through in the post a few months ago (its taken me a while to round to...)! So am halfway ready to actually having my first game and I want to setup a board for it. It says in the rule-book 3'x3' but I was wondering if 4'x4' was playable on or does this spoil the balance of the scenarios or play style of some elements if there's too much room?

Thanks!
Ben

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 01:42:58 pm »

Most of our groups games are played on a 4x4 and is doesn't make much difference in most scenarios.

The odd ones where you have to get x away from the centre of the table or the like, where table size obviously matters, we always set the full table to look right, then simply set the target perimeter 6in in from the table edges Smiley

You should post your freshly painted pieces in the challenge & earn points towards reinforcements!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 05:05:51 pm »

Paul's given the answer already - 4' is perfect for playing on. Most of the scenarios are deliberately designed to work on any size board.
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 10:11:43 pm »

Thanks for the replies! Looks like 4' is the way ahead - I'll have to come up with a good idea for a board and some scenery. Cheers!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 09:01:59 am »

If you need any help with scenery ideas then it's worth browsing the scenery building section on the forum for inspiration. I'm also happy to give feedback on ideas and we've got plenty of tiny little scenic bits and pieces that can help add character (even if they aren't on the website)!
guppug
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 11:28:58 pm »

I use a 4'x4'for most games, i have played some bigger games 700 points plus on a 6'x4' table and one very big game on a 8'x4'. I find that a 3'x3' table is a bit small but ok if you are showing someone how to play and do not have much space.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: