The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 02:15:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Twilight Painting Challenge - February Results  (Read 4714 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: March 06, 2015, 10:19:18 am »

Sorry for the slow response after the end of February, but it's been a busy week (and I've been distracted sculpting Dehran...).

Gold - benmoor
The winner this month was a surprise last minute entry from Ben! His Jenta Outcasts have a real dinosaur feel to their colour schemes. I particularly like the grishak, so I'm hoping he does some jenta and a kopa to accompany them in the not too distant future! The presentation on the photos was also excellent.
Silver - Tuffskull
Paul has maintained his painting rate and quality this month and I am struggling to choose a favourite - the paintscheme on the Delgon priests and retinue works perfectly and the KalMalog striders look fantastic as a unit. His Engu were also one of the first fully painted Droba hunters forces I've seen. I think the Striders clinch it though, even if they cruelly slaughtered my Devanu last weekend...#
Bronze - Serin
Another great set of figures. I love the Kelahn stalking through the woods, but it's the huge force of Engu that won me over!

Once again there are too many otehrs that I would have liked to give a prize to - Halcyon's blue Orel and Hershaddow's Outcasts both only just missed out. However, they do get Twilight points!

Twilight Points
TuffSkull - 5 Points (Delgon Command, KalMalog and Engu) - 10 Points total
The Slann - 5 Points (Delgon plus Roban, Devanu) - 10 Points total
Serin - 5 Points (Engu, Belan and Kelahnl) - 9 Points total
Fireblarney - 4 Points total
Kryptovidicus - 4 Points total
CLDecker - 4 Points total
Halcyon - 2 Points (Orel) - 5 Points total
Hershaddow - 3 points (Outcasts, Arak and Beru)
Benmoor - 2 points (Outcasts)
Grimsnik - 1 point (Traders)

Tuffskull and The Slann are both doing well with full points to date, but there are still plenty of points to earn in the final month of the challenge! I'm hoping to see some nobles this month  Smiley

As always, you can spend your points on Twilight minis, with each point worth £2. If you want any more models to paint before the end of the challenge then let me know soon! Also, let me know if you think I've missed anything from the above list...

Until next month!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 07:58:56 am by Carcharoth » Logged
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 12:00:03 pm »

Expect some nobility next week Wink

Congrats to the winners, you all deserved it!

Cheers
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 01:19:45 pm »

certainly congrats to the winners.  Smiley  there were a lot of great paint schemes done this month and it gives me a lot of ideas for my own forces. keep up the good work.
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 02:18:32 pm »

Congrats to all on splendid work done.  I was hoping to enter this months competition but I'm just not going to finish the current project off in time however when I finally do start on them I'll post them up.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 05:38:13 pm »

Congratulations to the winners.
There were some amazing entries last month.

I'll try to finish my Delgon and Frenu, if my private situation and work let me of course :-/.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 11:04:28 pm »

Well deserved congratulations to all the winners.  Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 01:39:06 pm »

Great work to everyone who took part this month, and of course especially to Ben for the well deserved win!

My hopes from last month of the number of entrants increasing came true, so here's hoping for yet more entries, and more inspiration in the next month!

benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 09:06:41 pm »

That's great! Thanks for the comments on the minis. They were really fun to paint. There are some really good pictures on the forum - lots of inspiration. I'd better get on with my next force...

Thanks!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 12:56:39 pm »

Hard to believe we are half way through the month already!
I've been working on a little trophy for the various winners, so I'll try to share some pics soon...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: