The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 05:48:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hobbybrush, marching forward  (Read 9521 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« on: March 19, 2015, 08:05:52 am »

I've had less time on the brushes this month, but twilight is still making decent progress. Thus far, I've comepleted some reinforcements for my Delgon and Dhogu forces.
Dhogu captain
3 Dhogu spears
2 skerrats
2 Yirnak riders
Delgon Nura lehn
Nurasehn
6 basic troops (kalgarkii)

My musician conversion has seen some paint, but I'm really not happy with it, so he might not get completed this month. No idea what will be next - haven't followed my plans so far at all, so won't try to make any more!  Grin

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:45:39 am »

very nice job! the Yirnak Riders are really stand-out pieces and create an intimidating symmetry  to the force.   Wink
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 01:01:53 pm »

Great paint work on these, I'm liking the use of green on these.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 06:51:37 pm »

Excellent work!
I also like the titel of this topic  Grin.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:53:37 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 07:54:10 pm »

As seems to have been the way in the course of this 3 month challenge for me, I haven't painted what I intended to at all.

I've ended up with lots of stuff partially painted this month, and continuously distracted moving on to the next rather than working to completion  Undecided

Not great, but the one thing I have finished  I'm very pleased to have done so. I've had the belan since it's very first availability but never got around to painting it. Started airbrushing my Devanu reinforcements and suddenly had the urge to switch to the belan, and this is the result!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 08:29:18 pm »

Nice one! He looks great!
The way your colours mix and match are both inspiring and an example.
Brilliant.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:47:49 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 09:10:23 pm »

That looks great - you need to do a tutorial for us all so we can steal your techniques!!!!
Did you do all the blending on the Belan with an airbrush and shade it after?

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 09:49:22 pm »

alright, now I'm really feeling sheepish about not getting my Belan done.    Grin   great job! 
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 01:38:36 pm »

That's terribly slack this month - just one beautifully painted Delgon/Dhogu force and a belan. You should be ashamed of yourself  Wink
Excellent work once again! Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh  Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 02:23:34 pm »

That looks great - you need to do a tutorial for us all so we can steal your techniques!!!!
A World of Twilight inspired painting book (like the one Angel Giraldez recently released for Infinity), with painting tips from Joe and Tuffskull could also be a nice idea Grin

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 07:47:22 pm »

That's terribly slack this month - just one beautifully painted Delgon/Dhogu force and a belan. You should be ashamed of yourself  Wink
Excellent work once again! Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh  Smiley

Damn you mike, but you're right! Very slack  Undecided

Then again, there's still 28hours to go...... I'm only due to be working 14of those.... Who needs sleep... Oh wait... For once I do. Damn!  Slack it is  Cry

As for painting tips, I'm not up to Joe's standards and certainly not that of Angel, but always happy to give some ideas as to how I work. Been Taking WIP shots of my latest devanu as out happens - nothing special, but might give some ideas Smiley
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:53:05 pm by TuffSkull » Logged

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 07:57:41 pm »

Thanks Ben.

Basic colours and highlight blends were put down with the airbrush. I then added some rough shading with the airbrush, running across both coloured areas to help tie them in. Some rough deeper shadows were then added by brush with W&N peat brown before details were painted. Pretty quick all in having been uumming and erring for literal years on how to do it!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:59:14 pm by TuffSkull » Logged

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 07:50:26 pm »

Damn you all.... In the best possible way, obviously. Apparently goading is a better incentive than mere challenge....

They look incredibly pale in these shots. They're not that bad in real life, they have a little more depth, but I may try to squeeze in an extra shade before I do proper photos. I've included another shot of where they were at when I posted my previous message last night..... Afraid the stage by stage pic plan went by the board when the "get them done by tomorrow" plan was introduced.... But I might do a stage by stage for something at a later date!

Don't try and still call me a slacker - I'm now going out tonight, and she wins all challenges  Tongue

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 07:51:05 pm »

And the painted pic..

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 07:51:44 pm »

And from the rear..

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: