The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 08:55:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Twilight Painting Challenge - Final Results  (Read 8788 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 02, 2015, 02:02:00 pm »

It's been another great month for the painting challenge and I am genuinely sad to see it end! It's been fantastic to see so many forces coming together over the last few months and now I just hope you will let me know how they fare on the tabletop Smiley
First things first, announcing the winners for this month! Every winner will get a little painting trophy, which I will show off at some point.

Gold - benmoor
For the second month in the row, Ben has got this illustrious title. The dinosaur-styled Devanu from last month will now be facing off against his rainbow-hued Orel Knights! The skin-tones are unusual, but work really well for the force. I'll just pretend that this particular band of knights like wearing lots of body paint Wink
The graku and enuk are once again great examples of interesting paintschemes for beasts on Anyaral and Joe may well get directed towards these images when he's painting the next new beasties.
Silver - Tuffskull
Paul gets a very well deserved silver for another month of excessive productivity! The Dhogu and Delgon look great as a cohesive force, sporting slightly less wintry colours than usual, which gives a fun variant. I particularly like the Yirnak. The late entry with the devanu matriarch was also a pleasant surprise as I've only seen a couple painted so far.
Bronze - The Slann
Michael has been astonishingly productive over the last three months. His Nobleguard force is the first full force I've seen painted, so deserves a particular mention! (even if the Noble is hiding somewhere...)

A special mention this month goes to Letchai's lovely paintjob on his Elder and Brenar - very satisfying to see them painted with such subtlety!

Twilight Points
TuffSkull - 5 Points (Delgon, Dhogu, Belan and Devanu) - 15 Points total
The Slann - 5 Points (Nobleguard, Belan and Traders) - 15 Points total
Serin - 5 Points (Delgon, Devanu and Frenu) - 14 Points total
Halcyon - 4 Points (Devanu and Delgon) - 9 Points total
Kryptovidicus - 4 Points (Delgon and Roban) - 8 Points total
Benmoor - 2 Points (Orel Knights) - 4 Points total
Grimsnik - 4 Points (Traders, Orel and Devanu) - 5 Points total
Fireblarney - 4 Points total
CLDecker - 4 Points total
Hershaddow - 3 Points total
Beetledigger - 2 Points (Delgon)
Letchai - 1 Point (Elder and Brenar)

Now you've got all your points don't forget to spend them! Probably a good plan to wait until I announce the Salute deals then you can buy some new minis to round out your painted forces  Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 06:05:10 pm »

Congratulations everyone, another month with well deserved winners.
Shame it ends here, I wouldn't mind to see another challenge in a short while.
Glad Mike already hinted at a Frenu painting challenge.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 09:17:11 pm »

A special mention this month goes to Letchai's lovely paintjob on his Elder and Brenar - very satisfying to see them painted with such subtlety!
Glad to read that, thanks Mike Smiley

Congrats to everyone, really lovely painted models seen since january !

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 01:42:48 am »

congratulations to the winners. once again I really enjoyed seeing what everyone produced. lots of good inspiration.  Grin  going forward I am going to try to finish one model a week minimum depending on how busy the week is. I want to get some Delgon painted as several of my clubmates expressed interest in seeing those models in action.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 09:46:53 am »

Wohooo Smiley Didn't expect that Cheesy
We'll, I saved the Noble for a character challenge Wink

Congrats to benmoor and Tuffskull, very well deserved again, love your forces!

Shame it ends here, I wouldn't mind to see another challenge in a short while.

We'll, wouldn't mind have a brief pause in between Wink I think my brush holding abilities need a break Tongue
Also, I'm out of forces Smiley

cheers
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 10:24:38 am »

Congrats to a well deserved Ben and Slann on their placings. Very surprised to get a second silver myself this month - thank you!

Totally agree that it's a shame to see the end of the challenge, the level of output, and great inspiration provided by you all has had a direct impact on the way I've painted my own figures, and for that I thank you all!

Look forward to seeing more challenges in the future and hopefully more continued output, although at slower paces no doubt, on the painting boards in the mean time!  Grin

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 10:25:33 am »

Quote from: The Slann
That's something I can help with  Wink

I'll leave it a while until the next painting challenge, but as with this one I'll let you include models painted in the interim, so you won't miss out if you paint steadily Smiley
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 10:38:35 am »

Quote from: The Slann
That's something I can help with  Wink

I'll leave it a while until the next painting challenge, but as with this one I'll let you include models painted in the interim, so you won't miss out if you paint steadily Smiley

Haha, yeah, I know Cheesy

I might need to order for more people again anyway, there is some need again Wink
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 06:29:25 pm »

It is just an idea, but perhaps a World of Twilight terrain making challenge could be nice in between.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 07:23:23 pm »

It is just an idea, but perhaps a World of Twilight terrain making challenge could be nice in between.

That is something we've never tried. Would there be enough interest to make it work?
I could maybe release some fun sets of bits and pieces to coincide with it...
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 10:22:45 pm »

Uhhhhh, terrain I'm in. Have a bit prepared lying around

Smiley
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 11:07:29 pm »

That is really spooky, I was thinking exactly the same yesterday !  Shocked

It could include all sorts of things.
e.g. weird trees, buildings and scatter terrain of all types.
Beetledigger
Hatchling

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 01:38:46 am »

Considering I spend more time making terrain than working on my miniatures I can say I love this idea.
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 05:14:33 am »

I'd be down for making terrain as well.   Wink
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 08:51:48 am »

I've got a 3 year old Pringles based engineers house I need the incentive to finish - keep using regular houses for our games!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: