The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 08:51:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World of Twilight inspired scenery  (Read 7771 times)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 05, 2015, 12:55:58 pm »

I was a bit curious about everyone's ideas when it comes to World of Twilight specific terrain.

Not because I could steal them if there is going to be a challenge Smiley.
But simply to hear what everyone else thinks which terrain should fit in.

Personally I would like to do a Frenu nesting tree, with some small huts for the Trebanii (hope I type this correctly) on seperate bases.
The Frenu are slowly becoming my favourite faction, and I would like to do some more forest/jungle terrain,  so that's why.
But a trader campement with some carts and a large firepit is also a (simpler) possibility.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:00:27 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 07:32:50 pm »

As my wargames table closely resembles the Argoran Waste, my thoughts on terrain have been heavily influenced by the picture on p106 of the rulebook.

I will probably try to make some scatter terrain, along the lines of hardy looking bushes, spindly desert trees and spikey/craggy outcrops, plus some larger rugged outcrops that will block line of sight.

Although I have thought about what I want, I have no idea what materials I am going to use or how I am going to make them. Undecided

I also like the Garkrid mounds in this post http://www.worldoftwilight.com/forum/index.php?topic=1650.0, so will probably have a go at some of them as well.  Cool
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 07:39:32 pm »

I have not been confident enough to make any buildings and will probably also look to trees, rocks, etc.
Also keen on some Garkrid mounds. Even some stands of Garkrids? (Hint, hint Mike)  Wink
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 10:53:19 pm »

I am quite partial to the trade caravans so I'd want to take a stab at something related to those lines. I saw an illustration on this forum of a view of a market with an arriving caravan but I could not remember where I saw it.... in game terms I might try to make trade fair booths to be set up at a crossroads or something rather than a town market. this way I'd have a good reason to use my civilians as well.   Cheesy
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 11:10:38 am »

I have not been confident enough to make any buildings and will probably also look to trees, rocks, etc.
Also keen on some Garkrid mounds. Even some stands of Garkrids? (Hint, hint Mike)  Wink
If I remember well Mike mentioned he had sculpted a Garkrid, I still haven't seen it though.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 12:34:32 pm »

Good thread!
Frenu trees - happy to share artwork with anybody planning that sort of project! I'm not sure I've shown any pictures previously, but I've got a definite idea how they look!
Garkrid mounds - should be easy to scratch-build, but they would be a fun thing to do in resin at some point.
Desert Scenery - Firah did some fantastic desert buildings for Fubarnii.
Garkrid - some big garkrid will be released at Salute! I'm still not sure how they fit in the game but I've got some ideas - possibly used by Frenu, or as an interesting extra element to add to other games, or as a bug-hunt scenario. I've also got a plate of garkrid delicacies that Mark prepared a few years ago, so I might do those as a little pack of extras.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 01:40:35 pm »

You should definitely release some of the extras as a pack or two in their own right. I am sure Some of the vials, books, instruments and such which I've seen ( and in some cases been lucky t get my hands on too!) would be greatly appreciated by the creative people who seem drawn to this range!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 08:01:00 pm »

Oh, and Grimsnik you are thinking of a picture by Taelan - there's a great thread of his various bits here.

TuffSkull - Mark's little gubbinsy bits are great fun. I tend just to pop them on master moulds so they've never been an organised release! I am slowly getting a few of them onto production moulds so they are getting easier to organise.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 09:08:13 am »

I'll do a tutorial on my Galobar trees in a bit, as I'd enter them in the terrain comp anyway. Also on the buildings, and those that will follow. I'm still thinking about some Dhogu specific stuff, how do they live? Tents, caves? Maybe I even do a little collapsed Devanu tower, could be fun Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 12:29:18 pm »

Frenu trees - happy to share artwork with anybody planning that sort of project! I'm not sure I've shown any pictures previously, but I've got a definite idea how they look!
I would really like that! Right now I'm picturing the tree as either a tree full of holes (like with woodpeckers), or more likely something like these:

You should definitely release some of the extras as a pack or two in their own right. I am sure Some of the vials, books, instruments and such which I've seen ( and in some cases been lucky t get my hands on too!) would be greatly appreciated by the creative people who seem drawn to this range!
I would also like to see a kind of terrain pack, could be super useful for everyone trying their hands on some terrain.

That picture of Taelan is a great reference and inspiring piece of art.
Reminds me again I definitely would like to see an artbook in the future Wink.

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 09:57:56 am »

Oh, and Grimsnik you are thinking of a picture by Taelan - there's a great thread of his various bits

perfect! that's the one I was remembering.  Smiley
Sepulchrave
Jenta

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 10:12:43 am »

Just saw this on the BBC website, about the Beatles in India

apparently Meditation caves at Rishikesh
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 11:19:01 am »

I saw those this morning as well and they certainly would be at home on Anyaral. I'm not sure where exactly, but they would fit somewhere!

I've been reading Dinotopia to me daughter over the last few nights and there are so many fantastic buildings in there that would be perfect for inspiration  Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 06:43:09 pm »

I found these:
http://www.15mm.co.uk/products/rap035p-the-ikwen-world-of-kwiell-36-pieces-save-10
While made for 15mm, given the small Fubarnii miniatures, they might fit in just perfect or act as nice base decorations.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: