The World Of Twilight
April 26, 2024, 07:04:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm organising a convention! (Cambridge, UK, July 11)  (Read 3615 times)
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« on: April 18, 2015, 02:14:32 pm »

So, I mentioned I was doing this and, serin (I think it was) mentioned being intrigued, so I decided to make a thread about it (not least in case anyone wants to come and challenge me to what would be the first WoT game I'll have played in years).

I am, for my sins, organising the second ever Exilian convention! It will be in the centre of Cambridge (in the halls of the central baptist church, which is a gorgeous venue) on July 11, 11am to 5pm (with optional heading to the pub afterwards!). The convention is basically one of "creative geekery", and trying to have a convention for small, independent creative and interesting projects. There will be gaming tables, rules testing and innovation will be much encouraged, there will be exhibition space and maybe a couple of workshops, there'll be some traders, and there will be talks, panels, and performances through the day as well. It won't be huge but it should be a fun place to find new people and projects you've not heard of before.

The programme is still very much being knocked together in a fairly ad-hoc fashion, but the first few announcements of bits of it will be appearing in the next couple of days. Smiley

There'll be no door charge, though donations will be gratefully accepted: we're also still looking for traders, so if you know anyone who might be prepared to pay a small  (twenty quid) stand fee and come and sell things to the geeks of eastern England (or indeed further beyond, depending on who turns up!) Then do give me a shout (or point them in my direction). (And before anyone points out the obvious, I've emailed Mike already Tongue )

Do please ask any questions you have (and please turn up, it'd be nice to see you!)

Links!
Web: http://www.exilian.co.uk/con
FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/966408296703240/

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:29:34 am »

An interesting concept, something I haven't heard before.
I don't think I can make it there,  but I'm certainly intrigued.
You mention rule testing, are these companies trying out new games or players testing out a homebrew?

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 01:23:34 am »

A mixture, I hope. Anyone who's coming as a trader will be welcome to playtest at the event as well, and I'm certainly going to be inflicting some of my boardgame designs etc on people. Smiley

I'd definitely like to get some WoT going - there are multiple people on here from Norfolk and Lincolnshire if I remember rightly, so if people turned up we should be able to get a few games in!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:38:09 am by Jubal » Logged

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 08:53:02 am »

Good luck! Having helped host a couple of small local shows myself, I know how much work can go into them. Hope you manage to get some games in yourself, and more importantly, hope there's some WoT in there too Wink

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 10:11:29 pm »

Thanks - there's three of us sharing out the work for this, it's going to be quite a solid effort needed between us to make it happen certainly (especially in scraping enough traders and donations together to cover costs). I really hope we'll get WoT happening, we'll have to see who turns up! We have tons of space for gaming tables this year, which is nice Smiley

Longstrider
Hatchling

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 08:55:30 pm »

I think I might be able to head there (not THAT far from where I am). If my models are painted by then I'd love to get some games in.
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 02:56:10 pm »

It'd be great to see you - I'll definitely bring my long-neglected fubarnii if anyone else is planning to be there  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: