The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 03:11:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dehran  (Read 5917 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 19, 2015, 09:50:13 pm »

I thought this guy deserved a new thread. Better pics on their way, but they do say size matters, so I'll start with a comparison pic......

He's a lovely figure! Although, now having him next to Roban, and Chris parry's Malog conversion in my cabinet, it does make me want a force of Enaarii in their own right.... That or wot in 54mm scale!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:43:18 pm »

The beast is here! Ready for his debut at salute Smiley

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 12:40:49 am »

wow he's huge. his axes are as big as the fellows next to him! very intimidating.   Cheesy 

I really like the overall grey scale and that popping green shoulder guard. nice job.  Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 04:44:51 am »

Huge ...
Wouldn't mind seeing a group photo of the three together.

I absolutely adore the paintjob you did on him, using very natural colours.
The skintone is great too!
His helmet looks like a smith's masterwork.

I like the miniature as well, very brutal. Is that a Devanu skull on his belt?

With two Enarii available you could perhaps do some conversions to get a complete force.
After all, you probably won't be fielding a lot of models Wink.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 07:02:06 am »

Thanks guys!

I think the skull on his belt is considerably larger than a devanu's. Possibly a Tahela, or even a Kelahn?! Then Again,  considering the size of the single fur he's using for a cloak, it's fair to say he's been after some prey far larger than anything we've seen in the world of Anyaral!

I should also point out, that whilst I was sent this resin master to turn around ahead of salute, this is my own gaming piece from kickstarter pledges rather than a "studio paint job" so don't take anything here as "how it should be" - joe will be working on a proper one but probably won't be finished until after the show. I can't wait to see what he, and any others do with this beast!  Smiley

Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 07:17:24 am »

Wow !
Nice colour scheme !
Looks very brutal.
Just the helmet that seems to have a tone too close to the skin one.

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 07:40:20 am »

I've been looking forward to showing this guy off and Paul's done a great job on him! Smiley
It's lovely to see him painted - I've been working on this sculpt intermittently for a few years so it'll be strange to finally have a painted copy on display at Salute rather than the WIP sculpt!

The skull is slightly significant - a bit of a trophy he's taken on his travels. I'm sure one of you will work out where it's from. Smiley

I'll now have to decide on another enarii to do. Hopefully the next one won't take quite so long to finish! Maybe Aaral, although it would be fun to try and do Malog, even if he would be a lot smaller than the one Chris did!
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 10:40:07 am »

Great work Paul, really shows off a fabulous sculpt.  So much character!

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 09:01:26 pm »

The skull looks to me to resemble the 'whale' skulls worn by the Engu kapas. Don't know about scale though.
Excellent painting by the way.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 07:56:27 pm »

Love him, just can't wait for mine to arrive Wink

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 08:42:04 am »

The skull looks to me to resemble the 'whale' skulls worn by the Engu kapas. Don't know about scale though.
Excellent painting by the way.
You are totally right, it does look like one of these skulls.
Dehran was also on board of an Engu ship at the end of travels, so perhaps there is a connection with the story.
I also noticed one of the fish (whale) drawn in the rulebook has 6 eyes, so perhaps it comes from such a creature.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:48:05 am by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 10:25:29 pm »

Serin, Krypto - well deduced, it is indeed a droba (whale) skull. Smiley
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 04:44:45 pm »

I reckon you should clearly do Malog next.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: