The World Of Twilight
April 18, 2024, 07:24:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Convention Day 2015, France  (Read 4173 times)
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« on: June 15, 2015, 08:05:12 pm »

Last saturday took place the 7th edition of the Convention Day, the show organised by my wargaming club, in the north of France.
The opportunity for me to present World of Twilight to the visitors, with my friend Lixa (he will soon present here his colourful devanu !).
On all the day, we made 5 or 6 complete games, with forces of about 300 points, Empire vs Devanu. Lixa and I have also made games to try profiles and scenarios, and we discovered again many things about the game !
Every player was quite satisfied of the gaming system, or the very original miniatures. The printed leaflets were quite useful, as many have been carried away Smiley
I made also a french translation of the rules to simplify the demos.
The only default, according to the testers, was the quantity of abilities of the models, which are difficult to remember.

But here are the photos !

The demo table:

The presentation board:

The printed stuff, available to the public:

My models:

Lixa's models: a risky bet for the scheme, but it works !

A sample of Esprit's miniatures, an other new Wot fan !

Different demos:

Ingame:

A very pleasant experience !

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:13:49 pm »

The other tables: Planetfall, Napoleon's Battle, Ronin, warmaster, red button's nation, x-wing, dystopian wars, and many others !

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 05:15:57 am »

Some great terrain pieces at the show! As well as beautifully painted miniatures.
I have the feeling your table looked the most cosy of them all. While not as impressive as other tables it would sure have drawn me to it. Your friend's Devanu sure look unique and well painted, ... and very colourful indeed! Smiley
Thank you for the tour and outstanding pictures!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 06:47:23 am »

Looks like a great little show with a very high quality of games on display & you did a great job with yours, especially with all the exa translation work - bravo!

Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 10:12:26 am »

Looks like a good show but for me the Devanu were the stand outs, fantastic paint scheme.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 10:27:12 am »

Some great terrain pieces at the show! As well as beautifully painted miniatures.
I have the feeling your table looked the most cosy of them all. While not as impressive as other tables it would sure have drawn me to it. Your friend's Devanu sure look unique and well painted, ... and very colourful indeed! Smiley
Totally agreed !
Between the translations and painting minis, i missed time to do a more specific table, with more relief and "twilight" sceneries. I had to use my generic sceneries, usually used for warhammer or alkemy. Plus the ingeneer's cottage of course Smiley
We'll do better next year !

Lixa would soon show his amazing Devanu Wink

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 11:38:09 am »

Looks like you did a great job! If you keep up the good work I'll have to arrange a french portion of the forum for you  Smiley

It'll be fun to see more of Lixa's Devanu - not standard colours by any means, but they look good and certainly stand out! Esprit's Dhogu also work really well - I love the very pale skerrat. Hopefully you can convince him to join as well.
Your devanu do of course look excellent. It'll be great if you have a bit more time to do a bespoke board next year. The standard of demo games at your show is certainly high!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 07:59:59 pm »

I had to use my generic sceneries, usually used for warhammer or alkemy. Plus the ingeneer's cottage of course Smiley
We'll do better next year !

Lixa would soon show his amazing Devanu Wink

I'm a bit surprised Alkemy is still so popular in France since Kraken went bankrupt many years ago. I still have a lot of the miniatures and a French book laying around too though. Perhaps I'll start painting them when the Kickstarter is released.

I look forward to see a totally Twilight themed table though. Perhaps you can make a first start with the scenery contest Smiley.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 02:56:56 am »

nice job. Smiley   I really like the close up pictures of the militia against the Devanu.  and the special rules can be a little daunting until one gets a few games under their belt, so I picked up an extra reference sheet so each player can have one to glance at to become familiar with them during the game.         

what is the game in your photos that uses the street layout and the mad max style cars?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: