The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 06:16:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Odd question of the day! Do Fubarnii sleep in beds?  (Read 3297 times)
Pippa
Apprentice

« on: June 25, 2015, 09:56:35 am »

Ok so a random question occurred to me while I was mulling over ideas for the terrain building contest!
Do Fubarnii sleep in beds? Do they use conventional chairs? I was trying to work out from their body shape if they could sit as we do!
What does everyone think?  Grin
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 12:25:49 pm »

Good questions !
They probably sleep in beds, but they should use stools intead of chairs, because of their little tail and the particular form of their legs.

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 03:12:48 pm »

That is a very good question!
For a while I imagined them sleeping standing up, but now I think they probably do have beds of some sort. Possibly more like cushion-padded dog-baskets than human beds though. Young fubarnii probably cuddle together in large baskets when they are living in their creches, but older fubarnii would prefer to have some space to themselves. I would imagine the more rustic fubarnii to build an alcove into the walls of the tunnels under their houses - it's safer down their as the entrance would be too small for a grishak or devanu to squeeze through.
The delgon would be likely to have very functional beds - probably alcoves jutting out from the walls in the sleeping chambers, with ladders up the walls to reach the higher beds.

Chairs would be slightly differently designed. Fubarnii naturally hunch forwards, so wouldn't worry so much about back support. Stools would work well - possibly triangular to provide support between the legs and around the tail. Sitting down wouldn't be too different a posture to standing, just an inch or so lower to take weight off the hooves.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 10:26:04 pm »

I'm pretty sure they use seat cushions as well, I have the proof here:

Wink
Pippa
Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 11:41:18 am »

Interesting! Stools makes sense. I wondered whether intrepid travelers would use hammocks as well, as essentially that wouldn't matter what the body shape is.
Must admit I hadn't pictured a big dog bed!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: