The World Of Twilight
April 20, 2024, 03:04:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GW Trees  (Read 3991 times)
Magic Dave
Jenta

« on: July 01, 2015, 03:09:43 pm »

I took a punt on the GW trees that they sell. Manly because they looked really fitting for this universe and a lot of the other type of trees didn't really fit in.

Also picked up the house at salute and you can just see that in the pic.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 05:29:08 pm »

I always thought they would fit in nicely! Is the house finished or a wip?
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 07:44:40 pm »

One of the most popular products in the GW range Smiley.
Looking good! How did you work around the skulls on the base? They are the only thing bothering me about them.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Magic Dave
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 09:26:27 am »

For the skulls i painted them as rocks, gave them a heavy wash and was thinking of grassing over them but in the end you can't really see them. For me it was the rope from the trees that you can use to make hang man nooses. I didn't put on the loops on but left them hanging as if it's used to hang food for drying or something else.

Think i might pick up a few more to fill out my battle field and will post a pick of the house on here too.
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 03:35:56 pm »

thanks for posting the picture. I wasn't sure how they'd look within the Twilight world but they do fit nicely. I had painted some of these for my game club a while back but I did them as corrupted/diseased trees for a Warmachine Cryx table so I couldn't use them to get a feel for how they'd work in Anyaral.  Smiley  Wink
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 05:21:22 pm »

Talking of skulls...
I have the GW Realm of Battle. It took a lot of work covering over all those skulls!
They are a little creepy looking, but they do the job nicely. I would probably add a few flower tufts and mushrooms to make it more cheery  Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 06:41:38 pm »

Talking of skulls...
I have the GW Realm of Battle. It took a lot of work covering over all those skulls!
They are a little creepy looking, but they do the job nicely. I would probably add a few flower tufts and mushrooms to make it more cheery  Smiley
Pictures?

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: